Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:58:20 PM EDT
I just re-finished this one for my buddy as a wedding gift, he loved it.  He's from Ethiopia and grew up seeing real Ak's and I gave him the option of getting a Romy kit and letting me build it, or a K31 after he saw mine and wanted the K31.

This was one of AIM's $60 free shipping K-31s.  It looked like it had been buried in dirt for 50 years when I got it, put in a lot of elbow grease and it came out great.

Now trying to trade my M38 for another one.

-mark

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You got a real gem there, especially for 60. bucks
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you ever get the urge to run out and buy another, just to have it? I have $100 burning a hole right now, so it's tempting. I just wish ammo was easier to get around here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you ever get the urge to run out and buy another, just to have it? I have $100 burning a hole right now, so it's tempting. I just wish ammo was easier to get around here.

that's why at the next fun show I'll sell my M38:

and put the funds towards a new one.

Ammo doesn't seem to be a big problem, yeah it is currently 50 cents a round, but it's worth it too me.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I know what you mean, Unka-Boo.

I'm just itching to pick up another one and I haven't even had the opportunity to shoot my first one yet.

My wife has Swiss ancestry, so I'm thinking of getting one for each of my kids.  Hey, it's a matter of heritage.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you know they allow guns and have ranges all over switzerland?!  I couldn't believe it, one of the owners of swissrifles.com took a trip there and said notably, it's not uncommon to see a swiss shooter riding a bike to a range with a rifle on his back.

-mark
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you know they allow guns and have ranges all over switzerland?!  I couldn't believe it, one of the owners of swissrifles.com took a trip there and said notably, it's not uncommon to see a swiss shooter riding a bike to a range with a rifle on his back.

-mark

You may not believe this, but I've heard that just a few decades ago kids were carrying their own rifles to school in California for their rifle club.  Can you imagine what would happen today if some kid was seen walking towards a California school with a rifle slung over his/her shoulder!

My own dad, as a teenager, bought a rifle from Abercrombie and Fitch in San Francisco!  Imagine that, teenagers walking into common department stores and walking out with rifles in their hands.  The horror!  The streets of SF must have flowed with blood as hundreds of innocents perished daily at the hands of their schoolmates.  Interesting how San Francisco was safer back then with guns in the hands of teenagers.

Oh how the 2nd Amendment has fallen so far so fast in our country.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-mark

You may not believe this, but I've heard that just a few decades ago kids were carrying their own rifles to school in California for their rifle club.  Can you imagine what would happen today if some kid was seen walking towards a California school with a rifle slung over his/her shoulder!

My own dad, as a teenager, bought a rifle from Abercrombie and Fitch in San Francisco!  Imagine that, teenagers walking into common department stores and walking out with rifles in their hands.  The horror!  The streets of SF must have flowed with blood as hundreds of innocents perished daily at the hands of their schoolmates.  Interesting how San Francisco was safer back then with guns in the hands of teenagers.

Oh how the 2nd Amendment has fallen so far so fast in our country.

from my cold, dead HANDS!!!

sadly though, that might just come to pass for us one day
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top