Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 3:31:09 PM EDT
How much are these going for in the Seattle area?  I want one with the curved grip, not the straight one.  What should I look for?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
First thing to do is to educate yourself so you do NOT get taken. Read some books or at the very least do a Google search and visit some web sites.

The "curved grip" as you call it is called a Type C stock. This will command a little more price wise than a straight stock, but a Type C is easier to shoot.

First thing is, do you want a shooter or a collector? Do you know what a high number is? Did you know that there are some 1903's (not to be confused with a 1903A3) that are unsafe to shoot?

My first bit of advice would be to visit the CMP web site. They are currently selling 1903's and you can also get a little more info. there as well.

www.odcmp.com

The key to not getting ripped off and getting what you do want is to know what you are doing. There are many out there that will tell you what you want to hear, and not necessarily the truth.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First thing to do is to educate yourself so you do NOT get taken. Read some books or at the very least do a Google search and visit some web sites.

The "curved grip" as you call it is called a Type C stock. This will command a little more price wise than a straight stock, but a Type C is easier to shoot.

First thing is, do you want a shooter or a collector? Do you know what a high number is? Did you know that there are some 1903's (not to be confused with a 1903A3) that are unsafe to shoot?

My first bit of advice would be to visit the CMP web site. They are currently selling 1903's and you can also get a little more info. there as well.

www.odcmp.com

Exactly what Rebel Rifle said     X    2 .........WD

The key to not getting ripped off and getting what you do want is to know what you are doing. There are many out there that will tell you what you want to hear, and not necessarily the truth.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at one of the 1903A3's from the CMP.  Anyone had any experience with the CMP A3's?  The scant stock doesn't bother me.  I had good luck with my Greek M1 from the CMP, and the $800 A3's at the last gun show seemed a little steep - especially sitting on a table next  to some $800 M1's that didn't look anywhere as good as my M1.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Silly me.  Found this from June:  CMP 1903s.  Anyone ordered one in the last couple weeks?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been looking at one of the 1903A3's from the CMP.  Anyone had any experience with the CMP A3's?  The scant stock doesn't bother me.  I had good luck with my Greek M1 from the CMP, and the $800 A3's at the last gun show seemed a little steep - especially sitting on a table next  to some $800 M1's that didn't look anywhere as good as my M1.

Hi Wags, I believe the general consensus is that the A3's from CMP are usually in better condition than the A1's. That said, my CMP A1 is in great condition, it has one stock repair area near the butt, all the metal is excellent. I've owned it about 5 months now. If you search here on ar15.com and on battlerifles.com in the C&R section I'm sure you can find some threads.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Get an 03A3 from the CMP and don't look back.  I just saved you a bunch of time and effort of research, you're welcome.  

Picked mine out at the North Store last November!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  Don't know about HighCaliber, but I think I'll get my order into the CMP.  Good price and delivered right to my office.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
They are on my short list of military firearms to get one day.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top