Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 7:04:30 AM EDT
Any ideas where to find to find some?  I'd prefer not to convert 6.5 Swede but if I have to then that's the route I'll have to go.  Lost out on fifty rounds of brass on ebay.  I'd prefer NOT having to pay a buck a piece.

Picked up a MAS 36 the other day.  Interesting rifles, I think.  Butt ugly but very simple and seems pretty rugged.  It was one of the remaining holes in my collection of old military rifles.

Not much on the 'net about these things.  Found a couple of so so sites but that's about it.

SN is in the FG 87000 range which I'm thinking is early fifties.  Haven't gotten the handguards off to check the barrel date.   Need to grind a couple of screwdrivers to fit those weird French screws on the barrel bands and end cap.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Grafs and Huntingtons both list the brass.  Coles Distributing lists the loaded ammo.  Be careful with the base diameter.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Any ideas where to find to find some?  I'd prefer not to convert 6.5 Swede but if I have to then that's the route I'll have to go.  Lost out on fifty rounds of brass on ebay.  I'd prefer NOT having to pay a buck a piece.

Picked up a MAS 36 the other day.  Interesting rifles, I think.  Butt ugly but very simple and seems pretty rugged.  It was one of the remaining holes in my collection of old military rifles.

Not much on the 'net about these things.  Found a couple of so so sites but that's about it.

SN is in the FG 87000 range which I'm thinking is early fifties.  Haven't gotten the handguards off to check the barrel date.   Need to grind a couple of screwdrivers to fit those weird French screws on the barrel bands and end cap.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got 200 rounds from Graf's. Eleven doolars & change a 100 with my C&R.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoops! That's dollars.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I screwed it up completely, it's 22.99 for 100 rounds of brass. Gee, maybe  I didn't buy that 03A4 for 200.00.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up 80 rounds of new manufacture Portugese 7.5X54 (FNM) at a gunshow last week for $0.50 per round.  I would have bought more, but 4 boxes was all they had.  I haven't shot any yet, but it looks good.  I think the Prvi Partizan is a little more mail order.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Cole Distributing has the Serbian manufactured FNM 7.5x54mm MAS 139gr FMJ Milspec load (brass case, boxer primed, non-corrosive) for $7.99/box of 20 or $74.99/10 boxes of 20 (200 rounds).

It's great ammo and works perfectly (and shoots quite accurately) in my MAS Mle. 49/56.  I haven't shot any of it in my MAS Mle. 36 yet.

Try it, you'll like it...

Forrest

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top