Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2005 10:56:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting another K31 and scoping it, anyone tried it or looked into it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't done it either, but this scout mount has caught my interest.  Darrell's Scout Mount

John
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one of those on my K31 with a 2x20 NcStar Pistol scope.  It works well.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Haven't done it either, but this scout mount has caught my interest.  Darrell's Scout Mount

John

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've scoped mine.

St. Marie's Graphics (Pierre from the Swiss Rifles Forums) makes an excellent set of mounts, both clamp on (right eye-offset) and drill and tap (left eye offset). Brownells carries both.

I don't like long eye relief scopes much, myself so the receiver mount appealled to me.

I restored a very beat up and mismatched early pre-68 import K-31 and decided to use the drill and tap mount on mine. Normally I don't alter my C&R guns, but this one was really sad and I have good matching examples too so I thought what the hell. The mount goes on the right side of the reciever, and still allows clean ejection and stripper loading. It offsets to the left, like a GarandD, which takes some getting used to but it's actually very instinctive once you get used to it.

I mounted a Meiji 9x32 euro sniper scope on it, and have tuned the trigger a bit but otherwise the rifle is as stock. Even so, with handloads it'll shoot sub MOA with ease and with GP-11 you can hit clays at 100 yards until you're sick of busting them. Very nice setup.

The clamp on mount he sells is a right-eye offset, and is probably better for most people but it's also more expensive and that's alot of why I didn't go for it.

Here's pics of the mount:

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the St. Maries clamp-on and I love it.  Great quality and you can finally take advantage of the K31's accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've scoped mine.

St. Marie's Graphics (Pierre from the Swiss Rifles Forums) makes an excellent set of mounts, both clamp on (right eye-offset) and drill and tap (left eye offset). Brownells carries both.

I don't like long eye relief scopes much, myself so the receiver mount appealled to me.

I restored a very beat up and mismatched early pre-68 import K-31 and decided to use the drill and tap mount on mine. Normally I don't alter my C&R guns, but this one was really sad and I have good matching examples too so I thought what the hell. The mount goes on the right side of the reciever, and still allows clean ejection and stripper loading. It offsets to the left, like a GarandD, which takes some getting used to but it's actually very instinctive once you get used to it.

I mounted a Meiji 9x32 euro sniper scope on it, and have tuned the trigger a bit but otherwise the rifle is as stock. Even so, with handloads it'll shoot sub MOA with ease and with GP-11 you can hit clays at 100 yards until you're sick of busting them. Very nice setup.

The clamp on mount he sells is a right-eye offset, and is probably better for most people but it's also more expensive and that's alot of why I didn't go for it.

Here's pics of the mount:
home.alltel.net/swingset/temp/K-31_mount right_side.JPG

home.alltel.net/swingset/temp/K-31_mount_closeup.JPG

Your setup looks great there.  If that rifle is supposed to be a beater, mine must really be sad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Your setup looks great there.  If that rifle is supposed to be a beater, mine must really be sad.

Methinks it got a makeover.

I have one of Darrel's mounts for an M38, and I like it. I have one of his K31 scout mounts on the way. I'll post a range report when I get a chance to try it.

Buy more ammo,

X
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Methinks it got a makeover.

Very much so. New stock, new mag, total metal refinish.

The only good part was the bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top