Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 12:15:22 PM EDT
Just curious, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the 6.5 Italian rifles use the same bullet (not cartridge) that the 6.5 Swedish Mauser uses.  The Italian defeat in WWII is blamed on these rifles and their pathetic 6.5 mm bullet and they are often called junk though.<G>

These matters are often in the eye of the beholder.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Just curious, thanks.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Japs, Italians, Dutch and Greeks used 6.5 cal rifles. Perfectly good military rounds for hunting people
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, my buddy and I went to the local gunshow today and picked up a 6.5mm Bolt action. On the way home all I could think of was the Swedish Mauser. I don't know Bolt actions much at all. I'll have to get a better look at it sometime soon and see if I can figure it out for him.

On a side note I picked up a Mosin Nagant M44 1944 Izhvek for myself, my first bolt action.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
There are some guys making 6.5 Grendel bolt actions.

Check out the "bolt action" area in the forums at www.65grendel.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top