Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 12:03:44 PM EDT
Do these exist? If so, where to find these at a good price?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want surplus or aftermarket?  Some of the aftermarket ones have a problem.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Do these exist? If so, where to find these at a good price?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]

If the aftermarket ones are $1 and the surplus ones $20 then I may deal with some minor problems.

What type of problems?
And what is the cost difference?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the surplus strippers are shaped wrong and will not fit in the stripper clip bridge when loaded with ammo.

You hear complaints about all these clips.  I think the Russians must have had some very tough hands.  These are not the easist clips to use.

Kind of hard to explain. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
If the aftermarket ones are $1 and the surplus ones $20 then I may deal with some minor problems.

What type of problems?
And what is the cost difference?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got some new cond. originals and you pretty much have to hit the rounds with a hammer to get them to strip (No, I aint a weakling, I'm 6'2" 200lbs and passed my infantry training)

Maybe it's just that my finnish charger bridge has tighter tolerances like the rest of the rifle compared to the russian junk

My pistol and rifle are merely TOOLS, I'M the weapon
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Try doing just the reverse of what you normally do.  Instead of holding the rifle with your left hand and trying to strip the rounds with your right do it just the reverse.

I was amazed that the rounds flowed out smoothly with my left hand doing the stripping.  It must be a leverage thing.

I thought the person that explained it to me was nuts also.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I've got some new cond. originals and you pretty much have to hit the rounds with a hammer to get them to strip (No, I aint a weakling, I'm 6'2" 200lbs and passed my infantry training)

Maybe it's just that my finnish charger bridge has tighter tolerances like the rest of the rifle compared to the russian junk

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Just tried it, same outcome though, they feed hard every time, from every clip I got. Out of all the rifles I own that take charger clips, this baby is the one that I AVOID using them in even if I have them. I just pack the ammo in them to stop it from rattling loose in my pocket while I'm hunting, then I take them out and load by hand after.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a routine that works.  I could not do it exactly like the guy described it.  Just doing it with my left hand seems to work pretty good.

So there is a technique to it.  Damn if I know exactly what it is though. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Just tried it, same outcome though, they feed hard every time, from every clip I got. Out of all the rifles I own that take charger clips, this baby is the one that I AVOID using them in even if I have them. I just pack the ammo in them to stop it from rattling loose in my pocket while I'm hunting, then I take them out and load by hand after.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I see them here at gunshows normallr $2-3 each, Im too cheap to pay that for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top