Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 5:16:39 PM EDT
The GF and I went out the other night to our FFL to do the paper work on a couple Yugo M59 SKS (had to go thru a 01 FFL because of CA's stupid 50 year rule). So we get back to my place and there's the long box the BBT dropped off.
"What is that! Did you buy another rifle?"
"Um, yeah. But it was a really good deal. It's a Finn M39 with a B barrel. Not a lot of them left out there. I had to buy it before they were all gone. You'll like it. The barrel is kind of purple."
"Hmmm. What else have you bought?"
"Since when?"
"In the last 14 days"
"Bought, or received?"
"What do you mean, 'bought or received' are you expecting something?"
"Uh, yeah. I was expecting this one to get here monday when the other 2 were supposed to be here. But UPS screwed up and the other 2 won't be here until tuesday."
"Is that all of them?"
"All of what?"
"All of the rifles you bought?"
"Since when?"
"Ok, how many rifles did you buy this month?"
"Buy, or receive? Does it count if I bought them last month but they were delivered this month. You knew about the new K31. And I showed you the 24/47 mauser already didn't I? You knew I got the U.S. Property marked Savage Enfield because you were with me when I was shooting it at the quarry. I told you I was getting that RC K98 with all the german markings in it too, right?"

GF walks into front room and looks in the gun cabinet where I keep most of my C&R rifles.

"OH MY GOD! They weren't stacked two deep last month! ROB!!!"

"Sweety, how 'bout we go look at that .50 bmg you wanted"
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
At least you are still cleaning them up and shooting them.

There's a thread on another board where people have bought over two hundred rifles in the last two years.  One guy has 58 SKS of which has has only degreased a few.

Eye opening for me.

No wonder this stuff disappears so fast and the prices are skyrocketing.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The key is to have more rifles than they can count.  If you have "those seven rifles", you cannot sneak another in.  If you have "all those guns", one more will fly under the radar!  

I must say, I have never heard the "stacked this deep" unit of measure.  Maybe they are on to us!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You must bribe her quick before she gets the word out. Get her something shiny.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Become single like me, it sucks though
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
at you explaining yourself to her and your not even married
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a few of mine out on the bed when my wife got home from work today and she about flipped cause she thought I had bought another one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't laugh too hard. She resizes and trims her own brass, and comes up to my place in the mountains  - even when there's snow - when I'm out of town to feed and take care of my 5 dogs. She even lets me know when I run low on ammo ( mostly .50 bmg after SHE'S been shooting it! )
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a keeper to me.  I found one like that and kept mine, and we're doing fine.  The trick is, when you've gotten too many nice things for yourself, get something nice for her too.  As long as you can afford it, why not?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't laugh too hard. She resizes and trims her own brass, and comes up to my place in the mountains  - even when there's snow - when I'm out of town to feed and take care of my 5 dogs. She even lets me know when I run low on ammo ( mostly .50 bmg after SHE'S been shooting it! )

Damn, you got a good one
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, you got a good one

Sounds like it, as long as she doesn't look like the love child of a bulldog and a ten-speed bike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top