Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 6:28:12 PM EDT
I have been pondering getting a C&R license. My only problem is I am never home, I'm always at work. Are C&R license holders required to keep the firearms collection at the address of the license? Can I use my work address for the license and deliveries? Does the license holder have to be the one who signs for the delivery? Any help would be appreciated and I do plan on calling the BATF and asking these very questions when I can find the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone over 21 can sign. (I am not certain of the other items, but can guess if you wish)
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, If you want to guess on the other questions thats fine. I guess I really need to call them myself, I really don't see how the address for the license should matter. I have all my personal bills sent to my work address as I never have the time to look at mail once I get home. I'm only home about 6-7 hours a day and I use those for sleeping.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You will have a difficult time having FFL items sent to an address not listed on the FFL.  Most places will just automatically ship there.

Once it's shipped you can have the delivery address changed.  If you are really cozy with the UPS people they sometimes automatically deliver to work.

I've never been that lucky.

Do good to catch the sneaky devils.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply, If you want to guess on the other questions thats fine. I guess I really need to call them myself, I really don't see how the address for the license should matter. I have all my personal bills sent to my work address as I never have the time to look at mail once I get home. I'm only home about 6-7 hours a day and I use those for sleeping.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You are required to maintain the collection at the premisis address listed on the license.  The mailing address can be different from the premisis address.  Also, suppliers tend to get perturbed when you change the delivery address with UPS as UPS charges the shipper when you do this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey!

Not a problem...Get the UPS tracking number from the dealer you purchased the firearm from, call UPS and have the item held at the UPS depot (in your area) for pickup. Bring your drivers license for ID and pick it up. I was fortunate enough to have a depot right in the town I lived in. Driving to town was no big deal to pick up a package.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey!

Not a problem...Get the UPS tracking number from the dealer you purchased the firearm from, call UPS and have the item held at the UPS depot (in your area) for pickup. Bring your drivers license for ID and pick it up. I was fortunate enough to have a depot right in the town I lived in. Driving to town was no big deal to pick up a package.

YA, But I have to drive 40 miles one way to do that........and that sucks the big one......
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep! That driving distance would be a pain in the a**.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
If all the guns were to be sent UPS I wouldn't have a problem. I have the same Driver that hits my business and my house. I haven't had a UPS delivery at home for two years, she just brings them to me at my shop.

Either way I'm filling out the application and it'll be in the mail Monday morning. God help the checkbook!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey!

I wasn't aware you "owned' the business. You may be able to list this on your application as a "storage facility" and receive deliveries there. I would call the ATF and make sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top