Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 11:17:19 AM EDT
Anyone have information on the condition of US Property Enfields at J&G and AIM?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one..... Ithas a GREAT Bore, bright, with no pitting.....

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one from AIM. Wood was excellent. Bore was bright and shiny (2 groove barrel). Most of the finish is worn off the metal, but the metal is otherwise in VG condition. No pitting or rust on it, all markings very clear. I've only put 20 rounds of the S&B through it so far. But at 50 yards, prone, using a front bag only, it grouped within 2" without even trying hard. I'm real happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an Enfield 12 years ago from Smith and Edwards in Ogden, UT and only noticed last year when I was putting it up for sale for $50 at our garage sale that it was U.S. Property marked.  The stock is nowhere near the condition as pictured above and is still completely covered in Cosmoline, I've never had the rifle out of the box but am glad I noticed the U.S. markings before it was too late.  Someday I hope to get it all cleaned up and shot and find an original stock for my Enfield #1 Mk V that is just sitting around as well.  Nice looking rifle 1shott!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's how my Savage U.S. Proprty marked Enfield shoots. I was using ammo handloaded for one of my other No4 Mk1 rifles and didn't adjust the front sight for windage. Was just shooting for group size. Ignore that one way off to the right.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just Shot my newly accquired Savage No4 Mk1* today using S&B 180s, and well right now it shoots better than i can.

as for finish etc, i haven't yet cleaned all the dirt, gunk, and cosmoline off/out of the stock so i can't tell you just how good the wood will be. but the metal shows only the typical blueing wear of a 60 year old rifle and seems well used but not in any way abused.  bore is as others reported in great shape, Bright, sharp lands, two groove, only fault is some dings on the muzzle that do not seem to effect the rifle's accuracy.   if this is what AIM calls "Good" i wonder what a "Very Good" would have been like!!

am going to TRY and post a link or a pic of it here, hope it works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top