Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:02:40 PM EDT
Just got it wednesday. I already have one No4 with a micrometer rear sight and another with w Parker-Hale rear sight, so I got this one with the flip apertures. Most of the metal finish is worn off, but right there on the side of the receiver "U.S. Property"  The wood on this one is excellent. Virtually no dings or scratches, and the wood is very smooth. The 2 groove barrel cleaned up easily and the bore looks very shiny now. I compared the muzzle with my other two No4s using a S&B cartridge. The bullet went in a lot farther on the Savage. I wondered if the muzzle might be worn out. But I took it to the quarry today. Fired a couple rounds at 50 yards holding on center using the 300 yard (meter?) aperture. Hit about 8" high. Fired another 2 rounds using a 6 o'clock hold and was almost centered vertically. Just slightly to the right of center. Fired another 3 rounds holding just slightly lower. Still good grouping. Made a slight adjustment to the front sight to move it towards center. Still good. So I don't think the crown/muzzle wear is an issue. Just a difference in manufacturing compared to the Brit made ones. This ones a keeper. Made my British friend jealous

Here's the target, a 12" Shoot N C

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, I have one the Savage made Enfields as well.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top