Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 10:42:06 PM EDT
I shot my buddies and I think it was the hardest kicking rifel I ever shot and I have shot a lot! I just picked up one and have not got the chance to fire it yet. Shold I expect the same hard kick as my friends? They are fun though!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea what ammo are you shooting?

The M44s kick pretty bad too, 91/30 abit less.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't notice any real kick when I shoot my M38 offhand, but if I shoot it from a bench, I can't take much more than 20 rounds before I set it down.

They are very fun guns!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of the problem is that steel buttplate slamming into your shoulder.

I use the rubber buttpad from my MAS 49/56 and it does an amazing job of soaking up the recoil.

The french really do buttpads right. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I shot my buddies and I think it was the hardest kicking rifel I ever shot and I have shot a lot! I just picked up one and have not got the chance to fire it yet. Shold I expect the same hard kick as my friends? They are fun though!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea what ammo are you shooting? I noticed a very sharp hit with some S&B but most of the russian surplus is pretty wuss
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
wolf makes a huge fireball, very loud boom, and plenty of kick in my m44
I got one of those slip on rubber recoil pads. helped a lot
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I think recoil tends to move smaller people around but large people just absorb it.

I'll just stick with the French recoil pads since I have several.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Be sure thay are holding the rifle against their shoulder properly.

I am a small guy and have no problem with recoil.  I also think it is something that you get used to.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Im about 5'7 160 here I can fire mine without a problem, it moves me abit.  I kinda like the recoil take 100 rounds of 7.62x54 and a Mauser with 140 rounds, have some fun shooting boltguns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not getting any younger.  I will be kinder to my joints.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Im about 5'7 160 here I can fire mine without a problem, it moves me abit.  I kinda like the recoil take 100 rounds of 7.62x54 and a Mauser with 140 rounds, have some fun shooting boltguns.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#10]
It was Wolf. I bought Chez Silver points for mine but have not shot them yet.

Does anyone have a link or know where I can get a nice looking and fitting recoil pad for this beast?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#11]
No, yours prob'ly won't kick near as much as yer buddie's.

Get a slip-on recoil pad. Relatively cheap and easy to swap to other rifles. I think you'll find that the Czech silvertip has a bit more punch than Wolf. I use a PAST shoulder pad too. With the combination you'll get a satisfying bump without the pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top