Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 7:52:25 PM EDT
Unfortunately photobucket resized the images to be too small.

Anyway, the first is supposed to be a close-up of the receiver.

This is the entire rifle (yes, a bit too small of an image).
One thing I thought was strange (well, to me at least) was the metal on the top wood. Notice it is what looks like brass.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That part of the handguard is usually sort of painted black. I grabbed my M44 and this object looks like its brass there too.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quick question....

This item was purchased from a local dealer.

When filling in the first field (Manufacturer and/or Importer) of the C&R Book,  would I enter Russian or Century International Arms which is the place I believe he purchased it from, but am not certain.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I enter who the importer is, if there was/is a stamp on the rifle, In your case CAI is the importer, as stamped on the rifle.......thats what I have done just hope I am right.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool! Congrats!

I picked up a hex Tula and a round Ishvek last spring.

Your ring sure looks like brass. I just check the ring on both my rifles and a magnet will stick to both.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
That brass fitting is standard on man handguards. All of m 91/30's have that on them. M-91's do not have a top handguard normally.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The wierd thing is... the actual serial numbers are in cyrillic/numeric!   What serial number do you put in your logs??   I put the cyrillic ones, because I can read cyrillic...  

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Hate to see that importer mark marring the overall nice quality of your Mosin but thats the way most importers markMy 91/30 was brought in through a Tenessee importer and they were nice enough to just electropencil very small on the left side of the receiver their Import number and saved their company name and all that for the underside of the barrel just under the handguard.  Really helped me in chosing my particualr rifle as the asthetics were pleasing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I put the same serial number that was on the invoice.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
The wierd thing is... the actual serial numbers are in cyrillic/numeric!   What serial number do you put in your logs??   I put the cyrillic ones, because I can read cyrillic...  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top