Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 6:44:07 AM EDT
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/US_Property_marked_Savage_Enfield_No_4_Mk1_Rifles.html#a157

Well I want an Enfield to go toward my WWII rifle collection, but I'm kinda hesitant since that last batch of Indian Enfields.

So, what about these? What does everyone think? Decent price? Would the condition be good, bad, terrible? Shootable?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#1]
AIM and Century both seem to have VG Savages. I'd like to have one too.  Seems like a lot of money to me.

AIM will take it back if you don't like it.  Century is a little stickier on returns.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/US_Property_marked_Savage_Enfield_No_4_Mk1_Rifles.html#a157

Well I want an Enfield to go toward my WWII rifle collection, but I'm kinda hesitant since that last batch of Indian Enfields.

So, what about these? What does everyone think? Decent price? Would the condition be good, bad, terrible? Shootable?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one, we shall see...........
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you order the GOOD or the VERY GOOD?  Where from?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you order the GOOD or the VERY GOOD?  Where from?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

The VERY GOOD, from AIM........so far they have done right by me when I have ordered from them........we shall see.

I also have wanted to ad a Enfield to my C&R collection, and this cought my eye.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one from AIM this afternoon. (Along with another Swiss K31 with 480 rounds of ammo and another CZ52)

I've always wanted a US Property Savage Enfield but the prices were always too high. Not that this one is cheap but if they are from Europe they should at least be in reasonably good condition.

When mine gets here I'll post some feedback on the condition. Can't do pictures right now though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well shit, I did it too.  My parents and girlfriend will roll their eyes, since I said "that's it for guns this year!" the other day. I still need to get my CMP stuff out for that M1 garand, and then yeah...getting a hunting shotgun.

But it's ok now, since I sold off some of my paintball gear, so it works out

With this, the soon to be in my possession M1 garand, the last things left for me will be a Japanese rifle and an Italian one, and I should then have the main WWII rifles covered.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well did you order one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess above wasn't clear, yeah, I ordered one. "C&R will kill your money!" is certainly no lie!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I understand, these rifles came out of Greece. Century was able, through a State Department edict, to re-import US property marked guns for a time. Whether or not that lasts, and to what countries it extends, is not clear but for now celebrate that you can own a US Property marked Enfield again!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I got mine the other day. I like it! It's my first Enfield, and I'm pretty impressed with it. Here are a few pictures of it right out of the box:

I like the feel better than my Mausers and Mosins, I hope it shoots well, and I wish the ammo was cheaper!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
DAMN, now that is a GOOD LOOKING Enfield.....

I should have mine Monday or Tuesday, depends on if I can get hokme before the UPS guy gets here.......Tuesday if I miss him on Monday......

I also hope the Enfield I have heading my way, is as good looking as that one.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
It's the "very good" condition. A bit of cosmoline on it, and it looked better once I cleaned that off and wiped it down with a rag. The stock I think has some shellac or some cosmo in it, I'm not sure, I'm not very familiar with all the wood stuff yet. It's a bit sticky, but nothing like my Yugo SKS was, and almost feels like my RC Mauser.

It is still a good looking rifle!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice rifle, need one of those for my self.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#14]
So, is there any good surplus .303 left? Any .303 in particular to avoid?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So, is there any good surplus .303 left? Any .303 in particular to avoid?

You rarely hear any positive comments about anything packaged 32 to the box or billed as being Pakistani.

It's got a bad reputation for being click no boom or click boom.

Dennis Jenkins

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top