Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 1:41:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my first Swede m96 a week ago. I'd heard so many good things about this rifle, I started to wonder if it was over-romanticized. It's not. This is the finest example of craftsmanship I have yet to see in a C&R. It's also the most I've paid for one so far, but well worth it.

Have you hugged your Swede today?

All that said, I really like the K31 too. If nothing else cuz the action is so cool! I like to slap the bolt back and catch the brass as it falls. The trigger is slick as snot on a glass doorknob and breaks very crisply. I've reloaded for it, and it shoots well with my reloads, but it's tough to beat the GP11 Swiss ammo.

Oh, and one more thrill. Is it just me, or does anyone else get a kick out of receiving a 60 lb wooden ammo box from the BBT with 900 rds of ammo in a sealed tin? Somehow it's even more fun when I can't read the language of the stenciled words on the tin. God bless the Yugoslavians.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Next time toss an M1903A3 and that M39 in the mix and have yourself a hell of a shootout.
I love my K31. I used to have a M96 but being the idiot I am I sold it off.... I still kick myself over that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top