Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 9:56:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Hiram, I don't have one yet, but it looks like very soon I will. Several members of the forum I help moderate have bought Danes and Greeks. Almost all have been very happy, and some have been surprised at the TE and ME. Do a search here C&R Forum for Garand, or Greek or Danish. I can't find the specific post right now but that has been thrashed over. Basically it is agreed that is an outstanding price for a Garand.
I have a guy wanting to do some trading who is going to the CMP store to pick one out. That is the best way, but ordering unseen still isn't bad. The only thing I regret is that I missed the Danes with the VAR barrels. Oh well.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get the Danish one.
I looked them over when i was at Perry, and the Danish ones were in better condition.
Unless you are gonna rebuild it, get a danish M1
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hiram Ranger PM me

FMO
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Danish it is!

As you know it is the luck of the draw, but the Danish I got almost has a new barrel and feels and fires better than other Garands that I have tried.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm so happy with my Greek. It shows a lot of wear, but the bore looks fairly good for what I do. I am also somewhat partial to the "Greek Grafitti" I have on my stock. If I can find someone around here that can read Greek, I may have them translate it. If you have the money and can do it, I'd recommend Danish, because I think those are supposed to be in better shape.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately I think they are out of Danes, except as barreled actions. You would have to cintact them and see.
The guy I am trading with went to the CMP store and picked out 2. He said there are a lot of Greeks there, in every condition you can imagine.
If the condition of the wood is important get a service grade.
You can also buy a Greek, then buy a Boyd's stock from Midway. I may do this since I mainly want a shooter.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top