Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 10:53:44 AM EDT
Does anybody know how the grenade launcher on a Yugo SKS works, Mainly how do you use the launcher sights. And what is that little flip up thing for behind the front sight? By the way just got a Yugo SKS from Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth Texas, it is unissued and absolutely beautiful. It was $139.95. I will post a pic after I get it cleaned up.

Here it is

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
the flip up thing is your gas cut off...is stops the flow of gas going back to your piston...it directs all the gas to the grenade it self....and the numbers are for anti tank grenades and anti personel grenades  hope that helps
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I kind of had the same question on the sight.  What do you line up the front sight with?  If you line it up with the back sight, then the numbers on the front sight should get bigger as you go down, but they get smaller.  Anyone know how it's supposed to work?

J
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey!

The grenades were fired using blanks...single shot! There have been stories were soldiers under stress have attempted to fire grenades using normal ammo. Obviously the results were fatal to the shooter. The gas shut off valve was turned to the left to allow for firing grenades as well as raising the sight. The left hand settings on the sight were for anti-personnel grenades and the settings on the right for grenades used on bunkers, vehicles, etc. The grenades were sighted by lining up the tip of the grenade with the groove in the selected range indicator on the sight blade. I've been looking for dummy grenades for over a year for those rifles with no luck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck finding some of the dummy rifle grenades..I've been looking for years..I had some when I was in bosnia  should have gotten them turned into dummies.......the issue grenades used blanks....but since the launcher is a 22mm..which is NATO standard..some of the bosnian where using some of the bullet trap grenades (meaning you used a normal BALL round, not AP
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for. I'm still wondering what the little pin that flips up and down directly behind the front sight is, it has a white line on it, and is the same height as the front sight pin, but wider.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for. I'm still wondering what the little pin that flips up and down directly behind the front sight is, it has a white line on it, and is the same height as the front sight pin, but wider.

It should be glow in the dark. for night sighting.

I've gotone of the rifle grenades. Found it in my grandfather's garage when he passed. He was in the NG in the 50's, so i'm guessing it's for with the grenade adapter on the M1 Garand. It's black and clearly marked INERT. I've seen blue ones jsut liek it.

Also, wherever i was looking, it said you aimedwith the widest part of the grenade, not the tip. I don't remember where i saw it, and haven't been able to find the info again. MAybe in the SKS manual? i don't have one :(
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Would this one work?

(see if I can link the gunbroker photo)

ETA: sure enough, the picture worked.  I've seen these for sale before and the seller then said that it would work with the Yugo.  I have no idea though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I've just been over to the SKS forum at HK94.com.  There are people over there, 2-4 pages back, that are using these and tennis balls.  Blank suppliers are provided.  He's ziptying the tennis ball into the launcher and launching the whole thing (M1A2 and ball).  The ball cushions the launcher.   Go to it, and post pics!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#9]
like I said earlier..the yugoslav's made the launcher 22mm so that they could shoot NATO grenade's  so basically any western grenades will work
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#10]
AFAIK, the SKS 'nade launcher will use the same nades the M1 Garand fired with the rifle grenade attachment.   I've seen several at gunshows.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top