Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:36:57 PM EDT

I recently moved, filled out the form for the "ammended license" and mailed it in to them, yes the Atl address.

Any turn around times on the new license? 1-2 weeks? 2 months? 6 months?

Hopefully it will be soon so i can keep up with 1Shott and his collecting.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I recently moved, filled out the form for the "ammended license" and mailed it in to them, yes the Atl address.

Any turn around times on the new license? 1-2 weeks? 2 months? 6 months?

Hopefully it will be soon so i can keep up with 1Shott and his collecting.

It all depends on the work load, and work ethic, of the clerk that handles the area to which you are moving.  
Individuals at the Licensing Center are assigned specific states or parts of states.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey!

I waited three weeks then had it returned as "undeliverable as addressed". Evidently the address on the form was no good anymore. I called my local BATF&E rep and resent the paperwork and had it in a week. I had sent it originally within the stated time frame for the move and evidently they felt some responsibility for the error and sent the new one ASAP. I would call the office for your area and request an update.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent mine in 3 times.  Took 4 months to get the address changed.  They kept loosing it.  Finally had to call and fax it to them while I was on the phone to verify they received it.  Annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i too am curious. I'll be moving around 1 oct to ND. anyone know how the people(s) for ND are?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
i sent mine in april 25th.  i called them around june 5-8.  they had lost the paperwork.  had a record of it entering the office, but it wasn't anywhere to be found.  the lady had me FAX it. she reissued it the next day.  fast forward one month. called the same lady.  she said something must have happened and reissued it again.  fast forward another month.  still no lisence.  called again.  she reissued it again.  finally showed up august 26th.  the lady was pretty nice and helpful.  it was just a pain that they can't keep their stuff together.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't you have to send your original license with the form?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#7]
yup! you have to send the original.  i guess i lucked out that they had a record of it entering the office, hence re-doing it by FAX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top