Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 6:03:17 PM EDT
The local sporting goods store has them on sale for $129.  I know the rifle is great but is the Century version ok?  Also, what should I be looking for when I inspect them?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If you buy them from AIM or SOG you can save some $.  SOG currently has a special.  $78 plus $10 for shipping, but you've got to act fast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
All k-31's are good....just buy lots of ammo...trust me...
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to hear of a BAD K31.  I have two, one a gunshow purchase, one from AIM.  Both had dinged up stocks and wearing of the blued finish, but are mechanically FLAWLESS.  The barrels look like they're brand new.   The Swiss really know how to make a rifle!  

The one I got from AIM had a beech stock that looked like a stir fried turd.  Sanded down a bit and finished with some tung oil, now she's a blonde beauty.  A little touch up bluing, and she's great!  I just need to set aside funds to get ammo for them and get out and SHOOT them!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at the import stamps on the AIM and others rifles. Most will have the importer stamp as Century Arms Intnl. They import them and sell some to other distributers, like AIM.
If it's in good shape get it. I haven't heard of a bad one either.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top