Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 6:55:50 PM EDT
I've wanted a Swede Mauser for a long time, but didn't want to roll the dice on a mail order gun. I found a nice, all matching, m96 at a gun show today and just had to have it. The bore looks like new. Bright and sharp lands right to the muzzle. I'd rate the metal finish at 90%. The trigger breaks crisp and sweet. All the stuff I've heard about these rifles seems true. The fit and finish of the metalwork is a beauty to behold. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

Oh, and I picked up an unissued Yugo M48A for $140. Then stopped at Fleet Farm on the way home and stocked up on some Turk 8mm. Interesting note on the Turk ammo. The 3 boxes they had on the shelf had all been opened and 2 were taped closed.  I stopped at the counter to ask for some tape and the store employee said they had received a bulletin warning about split cases and they had to go through all of the stock to check for this.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that you will like the swede. The first one I owned was a sporterized M94 w/ an actual sporter stock vs. cut down military. It made a real good woods deer carbine. Deer hit with it pretty much dropped on the spot. Had a NIB M700 Classic but traded it. Still have my M70 FWT and the first three shots will shoot around 1/4" with a best of .330" at 100 yds. After three shots the FWT barrel heats up and 5 shot groups start to open up.  The rifles are well made and the cartridge is excellent. Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I suspect FF heard about the '47 Turk and they are weeding it out. Most of this is 1940, with a few bandoleers of other dates (1935, and one rough looking bandoleer with what appears to be Cyrillic numbers?). It's packaged 3 bandoleers to a box (all on stripper clips) for 210 rounds at $15.99. Last time I looked, that was in the ballpark with what's available. Eh, what?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Have only seen one bad round of all I have shot. 1947 is considered to be a bad year though, so avoid it like herpes.  If you have that year, take it back.

Always an exception to the rule.  I got a 700 round case of '47 Turk a while back.  I've shot about half of it and have had no malfunctions of any kind.  I did find a round where the bullet was loose, but the bullet channel held it and it shot just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top