Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 6:53:00 PM EDT
i've foudn a great deal on an Albanian SKS and a Romanian.

I know the Romanian is C&R. but i'm having problems confirming the status of the albanian. places are saying it is, but i want to be sure. Anyoen know if an Albanian SKS is C&R eligible? a letter woudl be great, but right any input would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I know the Romanian is C&R. but i'm having problems confirming the status of the albanian. places are saying it is, but i want to be sure. Anyoen know if an Albanian SKS is C&R eligible? a letter woudl be great, but right any input would be appreciated!

The Albanians that AIM was selling were C&R so I think they all are.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They sold me a 1978 Albanian sks as a C&R.  They made a few in 1979.

They had a few one of a kinds up a few days ago.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Albanians that AIM was selling were C&R so I think they all are.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
it's the first one on the updated list.

"Albanian SKS semiautomatic rifles, caliber 7.62x39, manufactured in Albania from 1964 to 1978."

C&R update

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it's the first one on the updated list.

"Albanian SKS semiautomatic rifles, caliber 7.62x39, manufactured in Albania from 1964 to 1978."

C&R update

You know, i looked at that page several times. Lol...maybe i'm going blind.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
kinda interesting that the 1979 is not included when they are known to exist. oversight by the atf or whoever requested that the rifles be assigned c&r status?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
They really messed up when the added the 2A Enfields and not the 2A1 which was at least ten times more numerous.  They did finally fix that last year.

BATF is far from perfect.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
kinda interesting that the 1979 is not included when they are known to exist. oversight by the atf or whoever requested that the rifles be assigned c&r status?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They really messed up when the added the 2A Enfields and not the 2A1 which was at least ten times more numerous.  They did finally fix that last year.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

BATF doesn't usually add a firearm to list on it's own.  An individual, group, or company will petition them to add a firearm.  If they ask that a firearm manufacutred prior to 1978 be added, that's what BATF will put on the list if they approve the request.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Then the BATF is indeed perfect again. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

BATF doesn't usually add a firearm to list on it's own.  An individual, group, or company will petition them to add a firearm.  If they ask that a firearm manufacutred prior to 1978 be added, that's what BATF will put on the list if they approve the request.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top