Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 1:48:00 PM EDT
Got one heading my way from AIM, it is a WWII German Mauser, all codes INTACT, yes ALL CODES INTACT, no peened out swastikas.....

I called and verified that it was true, so I got heading my way...

No cleaning rod or locking screw, but I can live with out that, to have intact swastikas......
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh darn!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking for a cleaning rod for your K98, I think they have the correct one here for 15 bucks:www.buymilsurp.com/store/cart.php?cat=Mauser+Rifle

I have no connection with these folks; just tryin to help ya out.  You may wanna leave it as is.

Great find, good luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.  For all I know, You may wanna leave it as is.

Great find, good luck!

WHY?

I have spent months restoring mine back to the correct configuration.  I had the chance to hand pick mine at AIM.  I had to go through 18 crates to find 2 that were good enough to restore.  The rebuild quailty is non-existant, and they just threw any part that would fit on them.

There, I 'fixed' it.  I know nothing about the quality of these rifles from AIM or the original poster's restoration intentions, hence the word 'may'.  This was just a friendly post offering a source for a cleaning rod, not trying to start a debate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip about the cleaning rod....

I dont know what I will do with the rifle yet, I am going to wait and see what it is like, then decide.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
No prob This is the most informative forum on ARFCOM; I love it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got one heading my way from AIM, it is a WWII German Mauser, all codes INTACT, yes ALL CODES INTACT, no peened out swastikas.....

I called and verified that it was true, so I got heading my way...h

Can I ask how much you paid? do they have handpick option? Are these 98 K's?

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I called and verified that it was true, so I got heading my way...

No cleaning rod or locking screw, but I can live with out that, to have intact swastikas......

Can I ask how much you paid? do they have handpick option? Are these 98 K's?

Thank you in advance

Here is a link for you, ENJOY...

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII_German_K98_8mm_Mauser_Rifle.html#a142
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
IT IS HERE, pics later, and it looks GREAT.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]

I have spent months restoring mine back to the correct configuration. I had the chance to hand pick mine at AIM. I had to go through 18 crates to find 2 that were good enough to restore. The rebuild quailty is non-existant, and they just threw any part that would fit on them.

How did you manage to find all the original serialized parts to restore them to their correct configuration?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

yes, definitely post pics of it.  I've been considering one of these and if yours looks good I'll give em a call.

Thanks!

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, definitely post pics of it.  I've been considering one of these and if yours looks good I'll give em a call.

Thanks!

Jeff

Look here....  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=14&t=176491
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#15]
" I had the chance to hand pick mine at AIM. I had to go through 18 crates to find 2 that were good enough to restore."
That's why buying online is hit or miss, and the handpick doesn't guarantee a good rifle. I understand that paying the, usually, $10.00 fee for a handpick means they grab the top 5 then pick the best one.
If the markings are important to a buyer it's worth it to buy from someone like Dennis @ Empire Arms. It's more expensive but their descriptions can be counted on to be accurate.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]
ongrats, and I want your job!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top