Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 2:47:30 PM EDT
There was a thread previously (about 4 pages long) where we all were listing when we sent off our info and people were slowly receiving their C&R's in the mail but not ME .

Well here is my deal. I mailed it Jan. 25th, they cashed the check Feb. 6th.  I have not received a single piece of correspondence from them denying nor acknolwedging anything.

I have not moved since i have sent the application off. Yes it did get mailed to the Dallas addy but they did get it since the check was cashed. And i have purchased one or two regulars firearms through FFL's after Jan. 1st.

I have politely emailed 2 different addys about my license, two consecutive weeks in a row.

Does anyone have any good contacts or more email addys/phone numbers that I can try and follow up?

At this point I would be extremely satisfied with just having my freaking $30 back!

thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you called the BATF omsbudsman or his assistant?

Don't email people.  Call them.

You should call the ombudsman.

Jim McCall: 202-927-8151, pager 1-877-524-6439
his asst: Mary Ann Kettles 1-202-927-3538

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
There was a thread previously (about 4 pages long) where we all were listing when we sent off our info and people were slowly receiving their C&R's in the mail but not ME .

Well here is my deal. I mailed it Jan. 25th, they cashed the check Feb. 6th.  I have not received a single piece of correspondence from them denying nor acknolwedging anything.

I have not moved since i have sent the application off. Yes it did get mailed to the Dallas addy but they did get it since the check was cashed. And i have purchased one or two regulars firearms through FFL's after Jan. 1st.

I have politely emailed 2 different addys about my license, two consecutive weeks in a row.

Does anyone have any good contacts or more email addys/phone numbers that I can try and follow up?

At this point I would be extremely satisfied with just having my freaking $30 back!

thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!

I agree with the person to person call, better results.  If you had made an error on the application or they have lost your application they will not contact you! One thing for sure, that check will get cashed! I had a problem when changing my address. I had it returned a month later stating "Undeliverable As Addressed". I used the address that was indicated on the paperwork for address changes (included with the packet). Evidently they closed that location in the interim. I called a representitive for my area, resent the paperwork, and had my new C&R license the next week. I would make sure that you photocopy all the documents before you send them and also mail the originals "return receipt requested". Things do get lost in the shuffle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I mailed mine on  January 6th.  I recieved it on May 11th.  No typo.

After 4 months, I can finally get my cz52.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the replies. I had previously called them but their voicemail boxes had said we will call you back in approximately 1 week and it is better to email us.

I will call this guy and see what happens.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Call Mary Ann Kettles.

She actually answered the phone when I called.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. I had previously called them but their voicemail boxes had said we will call you back in approximately 1 week and it is better to email us.

I will call this guy and see what happens.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]

I called the 1-866-662-2750 number and had to ask for my state license person. I told the secretary that i had tried the woman previously but her voicemail was full etc. She offered for the persons supervisor and even customer service. She went ahead and tried one more time to transfer me.

She actually picked up the phone. Took down all my information and told me she would call me back before the end of the day.

Actually just got off the phone with me. My license was issued May 10th and should have been mailed to me on May 11th. Interesting. She was very nice and said they were very backlogged etc.

So check cashed on Feb 6th, license issued May 10th. quite a few days wait in there.

Waiting patiently now. Again.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My check was cashed Feb 9th, license issued about April 21st. I probably would have had it 3 weeks earlier, but I didn't fill out line 7 properly, and it was returned to me. A phone call definitely helps if it's been an excessively long time or you suspect it got "lost".

On the other hand, it's probably best to just not do it at all. I've had my license for about 3 weeks, and it's become an obsession. You'll start stockpiling ammo, and filling up the gunsafe(s). The UPS man will know you by first name (and keep watching you out of the corner of his eye). It's awful. Just say no........

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a UPS guy for a while that gave me a speech about guns whenever he would deliver one to me.

He kept asking me what I wanted with all of them.  I finally told him that I like to fondle them.  I never saw him again.

No telling what he thought I meant. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

On the other hand, it's probably best to just not do it at all. I've had my license for about 3 weeks, and it's become an obsession. You'll start stockpiling ammo, and filling up the gunsafe(s). The UPS man will know you by first name (and keep watching you out of the corner of his eye). It's awful. Just say no........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top