Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 5:52:36 AM EDT
I know that technically it is not on the C&R list, but has anyone purchased one of the Helwan pistols from SOG?  I believe they are a copy of the Beretta 951 (single stack precursor to the Beretta 92)

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen the pistols they have for sale now, but they are notorius for poor feeding, extraction & ejection.

I never had the problem with mine.  It shot like a champ. It did have one litte problem though.  I couldn't hit ANYTHING with it.  I had a 3X3 foot target 15 feet from me, and if i was lucky, I could get one shot somehwere on the target.

It was one of the two guns I have ever sold, and I still think of it as the worst gun ever made.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, ummm...thanks for the warning.

Just means I can go spend that cash on a CMP Garand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top