Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
Reminds me, I've still not seen mine back yet, it got returned for me not filling out a box.  I called and talked to the examiner, then returned it...  Not seen anything since, that was weeks ago...
View Quote

Not surprised, the ATF are slow to do ANYTHING except ruin your life. If they can slow a process to a halt, they will.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:
Not surprised, the ATF are slow to do ANYTHING except ruin your life. If they can slow a process to a halt, they will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogfacepappy:

Originally Posted By smullen:

Reminds me, I've still not seen mine back yet, it got returned for me not filling out a box.  I called and talked to the examiner, then returned it...  Not seen anything since, that was weeks ago...

Spoke too soon, mine came in today...  Now if those Form 4s would come back...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Mailed on 10/3. And I received the licence on 10/23. Now what do I do? Can I start ordering right away or do I have to wait. And do I sign the original? Or just make copies and sign those?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Make copies and sign those. And you can fax and scan/e mail the license too.
No need to wait, start buying.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
mailed my application on tuesday and saw today that my card was charged.  Do they just take the money quick, or could my application have been processed that fast?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glazer1972] [#6]
Nvr mind.  Found it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't see it in the last few pages, but here is the new link for the Distribution Center Order Form to get the application packet.

http://www.atf.gov/content/distribution-center-order-form
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Holy cow - I just realized that my C&R expired several years ago. I never got any renewal paperwork or anything.

Now that it's expired, is there anything to do to resurrect it, or do I have to go through the whole process again?
View Quote

Nah, whole process.

You know it will be the typical ATF. I had an 01 FFL a few years ago, let it expire, applied for a C&R in ay, it took until September to get it. YMMV. Just list your old C&R on the app, they ask). yu also self certify on the citizenship form. No prints need be rolled for the C&R. fill in your CC number for payment. Pretty simple on your end. All the hold up is all ATF's fun games and such.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Holy cow - I just realized that my C&R expired several years ago. I never got any renewal paperwork or anything.

Now that it's expired, is there anything to do to resurrect it, or do I have to go through the whole process again?
View Quote

Do it asap, changes, bad ones, are a comin'...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine expired in September.  

I mailed in my application for a new license on 25 November.

My new license showed up last week.

I ordered the form online and it only took about a week to get it.

No fingerprints required, but you do have to send copy 2 to your CLEO.

Easy peasey.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had a 03 C&R for years but I've never heard the following question-

Can you buy a C&R eligible firearm without using your 03 FFL, while you are waiting for an amended license?

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok, so I filled everything out as per the instructions on the ATF website HERE

All it seemed I had to do was fill out the "7CR" form. Nowhere did it indicate on the website, or that form that a F5330.20 would be necessary. Does anyone else have experience with this recently? Did you just submit the 7CR, or did you supplement with the F5330.20?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:09:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Alright! Mailed everything off today. Just to be safe, I sent both the ATF and the CLEO copies certified mail. I'm excited to blow a ton of money buying sweet old shit I totally don't need!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I mailed my application off on 31Dec and got it back this week.

They probably got it on the 5th of January and it was postmarked the 13th. When you consider travel time, holiday, and weekends, they only had it in their office for 6 days.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to hear. I sent off my copies today. Excited. Here in Illinois, the only way to have a sbr is to have a C&R license. I am also excited not to pay full retail on the old firearms.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
ATF just charged my CC today. Woohoo
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Received my license today. A day short of a month!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Filling out my renewal and have 2 dumb questions. Don't want to mess up.

Where I sign my name after it has title, what do I put there?

The section on the other side has where I put business hours, I am just a curio relic holder do I just leave that blank completely?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:42:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueDevil] [#23]
deleated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jerret_S:

The section on the other side has where I put business hours, I am just a curio relic holder do I just leave that blank completely?
View Quote

Filling out my renewal, and have this same question.  They also didnt put my email, or my telephone# in the current FFL information.  Should I write this in?  Can anybody clarify?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Disclaimer: I didn't read ALL 44 pages of this thread thus far, so if the answer is in here, feel free to flame but also provide a link to the page with the answer :)

Anyone have actual experience with a C&R application using a business entity:
1. Does my actual business need to be engaged in something related? Meaning, if I'm a dentist (I'm not) can I run the C&R app thru my dentist practice without getting denied?

2. Does this expose my business to greater scrutiny (from ATF, IRS, other)?

3. Are there requirements anywhere in the IRS code, US code etc. (not the ATF regulations) which include that fun little asterisk which says something like "... except if your business has a C&R then you must complete this 33-page form, pay $1bn, etc ..." ?

4. anything I didn't ask which a business entity C&R holder wants to share so I don't get burned?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: camarojsmith] [#26]
Is there a form to fill out if you move?  What are the requirements?

No one?  I'm getting different answers in my google searches.  Has anyone moved while having a C&R?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Sent in my renewal in October, but have heard nothing back and the check has not been cashed. What is the best way to follow up, mail or is there a number I can call?
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
Sent in my renewal in October, but have heard nothing back and the check has not been cashed. What is the best way to follow up, mail or is there a number I can call?
View Quote

BATF website has numbers. I called the main line and kept repeating my story til I got to the correct person ...
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I need to renew before May 2016.  I haven't been to the ATF website in awhile and do not remember the e-forms and log in options.  What is the current process for renewal?  Thanks anyone who can help.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I had previously held a C&R license, but I let it expire a few years ago.  I understand that I have to go through the application process again to obtain a new license, but my question is whether or not I have to get a new bound book, or if I can continue to use the one I have from my previous license, and just make a note somewhere of the license change.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
Is there a form to fill out if you move?  What are the requirements?

No one?  I'm getting different answers in my google searches.  Has anyone moved while having a C&R?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Demordrah:
I had previously held a C&R license, but I let it expire a few years ago.  I understand that I have to go through the application process again to obtain a new license, but my question is whether or not I have to get a new bound book, or if I can continue to use the one I have from my previous license, and just make a note somewhere of the license change.

Thanks.
View Quote

Once you either surrender or license laspe's  you can destroy your bound book.  Start a new one when you get a new license.

CD
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#33]
What's a good phone number or email for someone at ATF dealing with C&R renewals. Sent my renewal back in November, check cashed right away, still have not received the renewed license.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to amend the address on my FFL using a 5300.38. It says "all entries must be in ink"....can I ill this out while in PDF or do I actually have to print these out? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Do I really have to have a hunting license to get a C&R?  In my state I can legally own firearms without having a hunting license, and I haven't been hunting in a few years now.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Mitchman705:
I need to amend the address on my FFL using a 5300.38. It says "all entries must be in ink"....can I ill this out while in PDF or do I actually have to print these out? Thanks.
View All Quotes

It means as opposed to pencil, you'll be fine filling out the PDF.

Originally Posted By Dan_Cooper:
Do I really have to have a hunting license to get a C&R?  In my state I can legally own firearms without having a hunting license, and I haven't been hunting in a few years now.

This is for nonimmigrant aliens, if you are one then yes, if not then no.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:01:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dan_Cooper] [#37]
Originally Posted By burbanite:

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Dan_Cooper:

Thanks.

When you say "filling out the PDF" - should I be able to type in the fields in the PDF and print it?

Ah, never mind.  I see that Acrobat will allow me to type in the various field.  The PDF viewer embedded in FireFox will not.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

1. Collector

2. I have the same question myself. On my last renewal in 2013, there was a box to check for Collector, and then I left all of the
boxes empty for Hours and unchecked for Closed.

I'll probably call Martinsburg about this and a couple of other questions about minor changes to the form since 2013.
The person that I spoke to last time in 2013 was very patient and helpful.

One big change since 2013 appears to be the absence of having to fill out Form 5330.20 about Certifying to Citizenship.
I assume it has been dropped because the question regarding the status has been eliminated from the newer Form 8.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By rx4spd:

1. Collector

2. I have the same question myself. On my last renewal in 2013, there was a box to check for Collector, and then I left all of the

I'll probably call Martinsburg about this and a couple of other questions about minor changes to the form since 2013.

One big change since 2013 appears to be the absence of having to fill out Form 5330.20 about Certifying to Citizenship.
I assume it has been dropped because the question regarding the status has been eliminated from the newer Form 8.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rx4spd:

1. Collector

2. I was told by Martinsburg to put at least 1 hour that I can be contacted. I ended up listing 2 hours on one day and marking the rest of the days 'Closed.'

They must have liked my answers - I mailed my renewal on 5/09 and received my license on 5/31.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 40xb] [#40]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 40xb-shooter:
Sept 16: ATF received application
Oct 1: Approved
Oct 7: Received license

I know not to sign the original from what people have said here.

I am planning on going to the Tulsa show in Nov to try and find a few things.

Any tips on what to bring? I am thinking of multiple copies of my license and my bound book and I should be good to go.
View Quote

That will do you just fine although you don't need to carry your book with you, enter anything you buy when you get home. Hope you make some nice purchases and don't forget to register at Brownells to get your discount.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I just bought one for the first time on my c&r.

I'm like a kid waiting for his encoder ring to come
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I just got my 03 FFL. In case anyone is wondering about current wait times:

Mailed the application on Jan 13th
Card charged on Jan 24th
Received license on Mar 6th
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Application got sent off. Now I just have to wait.

In the meantime... what do you guys use for a C&R bound book?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

View Quote
Brownells and others used to sell them so presume they still do. Amazon has them but in all honesty you can use anything as long as it records the correct information.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Brownells and others used to sell them so presume they still do. Amazon has them but in all honesty you can use anything as long as it records the correct information.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

The ATF sent me one with my original license packet, but it was just a few pages stapled together, meant to go into a 3 ring binder.  I bought one of one's that Brownells sells and use that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:45:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Hoping to clarify a few things to avoid any surprises... I understand I have to enter all C&R purchases into a log book. But what about if I acquire it without using the C&R license? Like traditional FFL background check, private face to face transactions, or even selling a gun I previously owned?

1. If I sell a C&R eligible gun that I've had in my possession BEFORE acquiring my C&R license, I still have to enter it into my log book if I sell it to another person, right? Could this get me in trouble if I do it for multiple guns?
2. If I come across a nice C&R gun at a great price, could I buy it the usual way through my FFL and undergo the normal background check process? Would I still have to enter it into my log book and would I get in trouble for selling it in the future?
3. If I buy a C&R eligible gun face to face from a private seller, would I also have to enter that into my log book as well?
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top