Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2003 10:48:04 PM EDT
Do I have to send a copy of the application to the CLEO when I renew, or is that a one-time deal? The application for renewal kind of alludes that this is the case, but AFAICT doesn't come out and say it. What's the deal?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I did.  Don't forget that affirmation of citizenship form or they will hold (lose) everything until you send it in.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Do I have to send a copy of the application to the CLEO when I renew, or is that a one-time deal? The application for renewal kind of alludes that this is the case, but AFAICT doesn't come out and say it. What's the deal?

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I did.  Don't forget that affirmation of citizenship form or they will hold (lose) everything until you send it in.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Thanks. Did you send a copy of that "affirmation of citizenship form" to your CLEO as well?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I would only send a copy of the main form to the CLEO.

My second renewal is due in June therefore I'm just passing second hand info along.

Dennis Jenkins

Thanks. Did you send a copy of that "affirmation of citizenship form" to your CLEO as well?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I just renewed mine.  Only the renewal form copy goes to the local chief.  The rest of the paperwork and check goes to BATF.  

Note you don't have to incidicate how many you bought or sold with a C&R FFL, there's another piece of paper in there which explains it.

Read all the stuff they send you, there are instructions superseding instructions superseding instructions!

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They didn't used to include that piece of paper telling you not to list your acquistions and dispersals.

A few people drew compliance inspections like that.

That was pre-911.  Maybe they have better things to do now.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I just renewed mine.  Only the renewal form copy goes to the local chief.  The rest of the paperwork and check goes to BATF.  

Note you don't have to incidicate how many you bought or sold with a C&R FFL, there's another piece of paper in there which explains it.

Read all the stuff they send you, there are instructions superseding instructions superseding instructions!

-- Chuck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top