Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2003 3:04:48 PM EDT
And yes it does pack a kick! Fairly accurate however, didn't have time to do more formal accuracy tests but it was easy enough to hit a soda can at 60 yds with surplus ammo. I did find the battle sight to be way too big for accuracy and instead flipped up the micrometer sight and set it at 200 for testing.
Overall I was favorably impressed. If you want a light easy to carry rifle with a fair amount of power it is a good choice, just remember you will pay for the lightweight when you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Who did you get it from and do you have any pic's?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably the hardest kicking gun I've ever shot.  My shoulder starts to twitch just thinking about it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My No.1 mark III* is the hardest kicking gun I own, I can only imagine what the smaller carbines kick like...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Got it from SOG and paid the extra 10 bucks for handpicked this time. I will try to get a picture up soon.
I was forwarned about the kick, that is why I made sure to wear not only my old field jacket but also a recoil pad. Still hit like hell. I let a guy I met there try a few shots with it. I was amazed how far it knocked his shoulder back when he touched it off.
I know I do not want to fire it without something between me and the butt, heck, I am even wary about trying a shot from the hip.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The M38 Nagant is in the next more severe recoil class.

If you get used to it the JC has little recoil. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it from SOG and paid the extra 10 bucks for handpicked this time. I will try to get a picture up soon.
I was forwarned about the kick, that is why I made sure to wear not only my old field jacket but also a recoil pad. Still hit like hell. I let a guy I met there try a few shots with it. I was amazed how far it knocked his shoulder back when he touched it off.
I know I do not want to fire it without something between me and the butt, heck, I am even wary about trying a shot from the hip.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I never did figure out why they used hockey puck rubber for the buttpad.  Maybe it was softer 60 years ago?

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#7]
GPC has new soft replica recoil pads for these. That is the first thing that I did when I got mine.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I never did figure out why they used hockey puck rubber for the buttpad.  Maybe it was softer 60 years ago?

-- Chuck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top