Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2003 1:11:05 PM EDT
Who here got something special when they ordered a K98 RC? Maybe a single rune? Perhaps a rare date code and manufacturer? Just curious as just had one ordered the other day and all sorts of thoughts are flying through my head as to what I am gonna get.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Get one from Empire Arms. They list each rifle with all types of info. Wether or not it's pinged, milled or not, if it has the Russian X on the receiver, etc.

The one I bought from them was a 1941 BYF (Mauser), with a Luftwaffe stock. Metal was near perfect. Bore was bright and shiny. Perfect markings, NO Russian X.

It might not be rare, but damn it looks good.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Russian re-works are total junk for the price you pay for them. I dug through 18 crates of the rifles to fing to 1935 models that I would be able to salvage into what I would call "good" condition at best. I picked up two at dealer price, and stil wonder why I bothered.

As for Empire Arms, well, lets just say if we had been talking person to person, there would have been a fight.  If he was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to save his life.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Really?

I bought my first Curio gun from Empire, and I had an excellent experience.

First off, my C&R license was late getting to him, but he was willing to hold the K98 I wanted for 48 hours. Not many places will do that.

I had a ton of questions about the rifle, and he answered each one. He even gave me a detailed description of the rifle, more than what was on the website. We had a couple of phone calls to figure out where my C&R was, and some more with questions I had about the rifle. He never seemed rushed on the phone.

The rifle I received was spectacular! Perfect condition for a Russian rework. Wood was minty fresh, bore was shiny, metal was perfect.

I had to do very little to the gun to get it to a shooting level.

I really would like to know why your experience is a complete 180 degrees of mine.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I only had a quaestion for the guy.  He interupted me and started on thois rant about how he was an Airborne Ranger in Vietnam ????  and he only had time to talk to people who were going to buy something. Then he got personal after I told him to F off.

Things went down hill from there.  Maybe I got him on a bad day since eveyone else says the same as you do,  but I have a serious problem with this guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top