Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 10:27:48 AM EDT
Ok, I want to become a C&R man. I downloaded the form off the net. Now do I just fill it out and send it off with the $30 to the ATF and wait 4-8 weeks for my C&R to arrive?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There's another form where you have to attest to being a citizen.  They won't process the main form without it.

You are supposed to send a copy of the main form to the CLEO in your area.  I've been sending my to the local sheriff.  The city cops are kind of flaky.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Ok, I want to become a C&R man. I downloaded the form off the net. Now do I just fill it out and send it off with the $30 to the ATF and wait 4-8 weeks for my C&R to arrive?

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What form do I send to my CLEO? Do I also send a copy of that to the ATF? And then I have to send another form on top of that stating I am an American citizen to the ATF?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
 Make 2 copies of the Form 7CR, send one copy to the local CLEO.  Send the original and $30 in check or MO to the ATF.  Be sure to send it with a return receipt, that way you will know that they received it.

mm
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a separate form that you attest to your citizenship that you need to send to the BATF along with the main form.

This is some kind of post 9/11 form.  Look it up on the BATF website.

One form to CLEO.  Two forms to the BATF.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
What form do I send to my CLEO? Do I also send a copy of that to the ATF? And then I have to send another form on top of that stating I am an American citizen to the ATF?

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Go visit www.cruffler.com.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Go here for your citizenship form.

www.titleii.com/pdf/5330-20.pdf

It is a PDF form and may take a minute to open. This form goes with your application to the ATF. Assuming you were born in America, your name goes in line 1 and 2. Then just sign and date the bottom.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I sent mine off 2 weeks ago. The check cleared the bank 3 days after I mailed it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
One other major, very important step.

CUT UP ALL CREDIT CARDS!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top