Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2003 8:51:19 PM EDT
I just finished taking my M38 completely apart and cleaned everything. I purchased a green can of ammo - 400 rounds for $50.

Does anyone in here have any experience with these relics? The only large caliber rifle I own is a Remington 03A3. It is a great rifle and I was wondering how this is going to compare to my Mosin-Nagant. Couldn't pass it up for $79. I've heard all the horror stories about how hard it kicks and the big flash from the muzzle. In other words, what can I expect from this Russian, $79 carbine?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't FOCUS on the recoil.  The M38 is a fun rifle to shoot.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I just finished taking my M38 completely apart and cleaned everything. I purchased a green can of ammo - 400 rounds for $50.

Does anyone in here have any experience with these relics? The only large caliber rifle I own is a Remington 03A3. It is a great rifle and I was wondering how this is going to compare to my Mosin-Nagant. Couldn't pass it up for $79. I've heard all the horror stories about how hard it kicks and the big flash from the muzzle. In other words, what can I expect from this Russian, $79 carbine?

Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
A simple suggestion when firing M38s and M44s, wear a recoil pad or at least a thick coat.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
All of the above and I LOVE my M38

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top