Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 9:13:49 AM EDT
Ive built a few I have a kick ass cheep way of mounting the forward scope with out buying a scout mount.
works great on magats and mausers.
I will get some pics and post them
who has the best source for sporter stocks?
I WILL TRADE THE OLD STOCKS AND PARTS TWORDS SPORTER STOCKS FOR EITHER.
JUST WANTING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE SEE'S THE VALUE in a 100 deer killing machine.
ive got it down to the rifle with stock and red dot for under 100 plus ammo wich is cheep for nagats.,
shoots great also
hunter
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Mausers and Nagants are good deer killers at 100Y as-is.  Heck, I shoot milk jugs open sites at 200Y open sights with a worn out Mauser and cheap Turkish ammo.

Not be be picky, but someone trades you a military stock for a sporter?  Sounds like you are making out pretty well on this deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
For a collector of mausers that rebuild to original the price of a laminated original stock far far exceeds the price of a 69.00 sporter stock.
REPRODUCTION laminated GEW stocks sell for over 300.00 an original GEW stock sells alot higher.
my trade was intended for  collectors that rebuild rifles to original condition.  not for the I shoots ma mauzer alots guy,  Any serious collector see's the value of original stocks with german marks and martial cartouchs. Unalterd mauser parts are the same way. Unnumberd milled trigger guards with floorplates
go pretty high in good shape.
Now if I found an original 98k stamped and coded Nazi that had a synthetic sporter stock and maybe an after market safety and maybe even a trigger guard say of a 1909 mauser. that gun is worth maybe 250.00  but when I put an original cartouched stock and marked bottem metal and a unnumberd safety, that gun is now worth 400 to 500 dollars.  yes I would trade the stuff I do not need for the stuff I do YOU BETCHA.
personially ZI do not care about collectability so the sporter stuff trips my trigger.
Im not talking turkish mausers or even yugos
but the collector needs stuff for them as well
nagats are the same but not to the same degree.
I traded a laminated marked nagat stock for two sporter nagats stocks. I also got a b square mount for the front sight bayo asyembly( I cut em off)
not to be picky just a little info.
thanks for your reply I also said TWORDS sporter stocks
hunter
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Im going to expariment on a way to add a light weight trigger guad and floorplate to these adavanced tech scout stocks. I would like to adapt an aluminum trigger guard and F/P to be able to use clips with these.
Anyone thought of a way yet?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've done a couple. I simply use a lightweight synthetic sporter stock and a williams 5D peep (I think thats the one) attached at the rear of the receiver.
Some I have modified the triggers to single stage but I now like two stage triggers more so I just clean them up and use them as is.
If you want to save a few more bucks simply cut down the original stock and have at the butt/grip area with sandpaper.
Works great and the 8mm round has plenty of power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top