Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2003 9:59:50 AM EDT
I've only been able to find one on Auction Arms, and the guy wants 2K for it.  

BTW, he's also selling a Century HK91 clone for $1500, and a Romanian SAR 1 for $1300, so I don't think he's a reliable benchmark as to ballpark value.

Thanks,

Lurch
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is in great shape 2K is about right these days.

Since the book : Hitler Garand came out about 2 years ago the prices have gone through the roof.

I paid $400 each for a whole collection of G-43s about 10 years ago.  That was on the high side then. Three years ago I paid $1,500 to a guy for one that was sequentialy numbered to one I already had. (he didn't know that) This came with 800 rounds of ammo and spare mag, but you see how the price has increased.

The prices of them will only go up, but they have already reached the point where they are not worth the what you pay for them.

He must have hit the wrong number or something for the other rifles, take the 1 off the front of the price and he is about on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks oberschutze - now I just need to find someone willing to give me 2K for this thing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Before you buy, you might want to contact this guy. www.apfeltor.com/

He is a "friend" of mine, buy that I mean a gready, selfcenterd, egotistical, asswhipe that I spend time with through a group of friends.

Despite his many misgivings, he does know the G/K -43 very well.
I don't know if he will try to help you or try to sell you something, but it is worth a shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top