Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 3:24:42 PM EDT
i think my C&R is pretty much a moot point as im also applying for an 01, but i'll have it for a while before my 01 so im eager to get it in...........

so, question.  i mailed off my application to dallas on wednesday and the BATF has cashed my $30 check as of today.  is it like the 01 and they only cash your check if you've been approved?  how long should it take from now you think?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine took 3 months.  I sent my application in Feb. 2003.  I have heard others received thiers much quicker.  I used a money order so I had no way to track when it was cashed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The check gets cashed immediately. Dallas is a "banking" office- your application was forwarded to Atlanta for processing. The check being cashed has nothing to do with your being accepted or not. If you are not licensed it will not be refunded.
As long as you have nothing disqualifying- felony, etc. you will receive a C&R license.
The wait can get long. If you haven't received anything after 60 days call the Atlanta office.  You will be connected to the person responsible for your state, and some work harder than others. I have heard of people getting their license in as little as 3 weeks, and some in 3 months. One took 6 months but he screwed up his paperwork and had to re-submit some of it.
Jim
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
pepperbelly is dead on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top