Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 10:02:42 AM EDT
yesterday i ran up to the ups truck like a kid running to the ice cream man...

militaryshooters.com sent me two beautiful pistols: a star b and a cz50.  the metal on both is just about flawless and my only complaint is that the wood grips on the b are a bit hacked and worn. that's part of the wonder that is c&r weapons though, i suppose.

the overnight policy on that site is a blessing.  no waiting with baited breath - the next day the guns are in your hands.  it's just an awesome feeling getting handguns in the mail - a big f*ck you to all the anti's.

i'm going to the range later today, so i'll let you know how they shoot.  the way the b points, i have high expectations.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Any picks of the new toys?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good!

I should have one of their Excellent condition Colt Sistemas in my hands tomorrow (Friday), I ordered it this morning. Denise said she had one that had a nice crest on it she would send. I love this stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
lumpy223:  yeah, i had to actually flip a coin between the sistema and the star b.  i want a 1911, but 9mm is already an existing caliber in my household.

as an update about the range:

a certain fullsize 9mm is going to get a lot of cuddling over the course of its lifetime.  easy to handle, natural to point, overengineered chamber = 0 muzzle flip, and not a single ftf - what's not to like?  well, i really don't like the mags.  dropping out a loaded mag sometimes results in a loose round falling out w/ it (not the chambered round).  loading them isn't very slick either, and the way the top round pinches to an angle is a bit off-putting.  however, i must admit that they performed flawlessly even if they are manufactured funkily.  i'm not going to mention my groups (as i'm not a very good shot while standing still) except to say they were a vast improvement over the other two fullsize 9mm i've shot (baby eagle and glock 17).  my other complaint is that you can't release the slide w/ your thumb but must pull it back w/ your left hand - a minor difference to someone used to modern firearms.

the cz50 fired a bit high - but that might be me compensating for the heavy frontend of the gun.  the decocker freaked me out when i was playing w/ it at home but it proved reliable and never pushed the firing pin forward at the range.  only one of the two mags i received had a finger rest on the bottom of it and it made a noticable, positive difference when quickly pointing the gun.  i really like the mags - they hold the .32 rounds perfectly, so well that you can't manually unload them!  no ftf, even when i on-purpose limp wristed.  shot well w/ one hand (again, i'm not going to mention my groups - i am positive the gun could fire a hundred times better than i shoot.  i need more time at the range...)

i'll get some pics up as soon as i get my new (to me) digital camera figured out.  just wanted y'all to hear that i'm well satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry for the bluriness - i guess you get what you pay for (in this case a free digital camera)

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
posting my type 53 chinese mosin as well - for shits and giggles
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet...don't you wish they could talk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet...don't you wish they could talk.

they'd probably tell me some stories that would turn my hair white...  and i wouldn't be able to stop listening - like ghost stories, these firearms are eerily intriguing
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool CZ50. Here is mine that I get on Monday!
Its been arsenal refinished/rehabed too:

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Cool CZ50. Here is mine that I get on Monday!
Its been arsenal refinished/rehabed too:

how are you liking that 16lb double action pull?  

btw - your grips look different.  are they cut?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top