Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 1:51:08 PM EDT
i own two m44 clones - one is polish and nicely beatup w/ only 45% blueing, the other is a type 53 from china in immaculate condition.

i'm having a tough time loading the 53 w/ stripper clips.  the clips are new production bought from tapco. the rounds are czech silver tips.

rounds go in hard on the polish, but they go in. on the 53 it's faster to load one at a time than w/ the clip - a lot of jiggle to get the rounds to fall at all.

has anyone else had troubles w/ the highly utilitarian russian stripper clips?  is there something i'm doing wrong here?  could it be that the spring is just too tense and needs wear?  i made my thumb numb trying all possible ways to load this frickin rifle.

these are the only bolt actions i own and it's a new (old) world to me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty typical experience for mosin strippers,
there not the most user friendly stripper clips ever made !
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
are those the stirppers with the creased metal or the rounded ones?  

the rounded ones rarely work.  when folded they are too wide to fit into the stripper guide.  the creased ones work awesome.

last i saw tapco had the rounded ones.  i bought the good ones at a shop.  one guy had many bads of nangant stripper clips and i looked through the all.  i found the one pack.  it took me 5 or 6 shows to find those.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
i'll haved to get some of those creased strippers if i can find em - see if they're a better fit.

thanks, snafu

edited to add:  i've got some metal working tools lying around, maybe i'll sacrifice a couple clips by creasing the bends and see if they'll fit better - will post on result.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top