Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2020 9:07:24 AM EDT
Curious of everyones thoughts. Which one are you taking and why?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The receiver on my 10/22 is the only thing that is still Ruger.

Thinking about building another, so tag for answers.

Would probably go with Kidd, but open to opinions.

Good question.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The next one I buy will probably be a Kidd.  I have a Victor Co. stock and a Kidd Trigger group.  Probably go Kidd on the barrel too, although Volquartzen is tempting.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Kidd bolt in one 10/22 because the VQ was around $100 more at the time. Plus,  I was already ordering a trigger group so I grabbed a bolt as well to save on shipping.

That said,  I also have three 10/22's with Ruger bolts. The only part I consider mandatory to upgrade is the extractor.

VQ, Kidd, and Tac-Sol all make top shelf parts. I don't think you can go wrong with a bolt from any of them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking to start a 10/22 build, I just don't enjoy my AR22. I see no mention of the BRN-22, not the place to start a build?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm looking to start a 10/22 build, I just don't enjoy my AR22. I see no mention of the BRN-22, not the place to start a build?
View Quote
I considered them.  

Read the comments over there.  Lots of issues.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I considered them.  

Read the comments over there.  Lots of issues.  
View Quote
Thanks for saving me some time. I'm only doing this once, it want it to be a pretty hassle free build.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking of going with Kidd Supergrade, next.  That way changing barrels is easy.

I've got to spend money on other things right now, so I'm in no hurry to decide.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I've bought a lot of aftermarket 10/22 parts over the years. All 3 make good stuff and sometimes it just comes down to what you are looking for? One of my 10/22's is all Kidd with the exception of a VQ CF THM barrel. I would have kept it all Kidd but I love that VQ barrel and Kidd didn't offer anything similar. I will say the VQ tends to be very pricey while not necessarily being any "better". TacSol barrels can be kind of hit or miss in the accuracy dept.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#9]
ambi tacsol reciever/bolt is the shit!  dual spring is so smooth ; bolt is not cocked  sideways
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ambi tacsol reciever/bolt is the shit!  dual spring is so smooth ; bolt is not cocked  sideways
View Quote
Well, I have to agree that this looks very nice!  Haven't seen this one.

$570, though.  Damn.

Disassembly instructions for the X-Ring receiver

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top