Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2016 3:55:57 PM EDT
Has anybody shot this stuff? A 21 grain copper and polymer bullet at 1850 fps. I ordered a box to try, sounds like it could be fun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I hadn't even seen this stuff . Please post a review.

I will say, the faster velocity 22lr has always tended to be much less accurate than standard velocity or even sub-Sonic's in my experience..
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anybody shot this stuff? A 21 grain copper and polymer bullet at 1850 fps. I ordered a box to try, sounds like it could be fun.
View Quote

I suspect the accuracy is going to suffer when pumped up to those speeds with a lighter bullet.  Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll post what I find out after I shoot it. The reviews I've read say about 1.5" at 50 yards then goes to crap after about 75. That would be good enough for a small game round at the distances I normally shoot at.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
22Plinkster did a good review of this ammo (Video Here). Use it for the range specified (50 yards and in) and it's good to go. Anything past that the bullet starts to lose stability and you'll be lucky to hit your target, much less form a group.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
22Plinkster did a good review of this ammo (Video Here). Use it for the range specified (50 yards and in) and it's good to go. Anything past that the bullet starts to lose stability and you'll be lucky to hit your target, much less form a group.
View Quote

So in other words it's useless and makes zero sense.  Interesting concept though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Not even remotely interested in a likely less accurate less effective round when short range accurate and effective rounds already exist.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  So in other words it's useless and makes zero sense.  Interesting concept though.
View Quote

It's for California.  They banned lead for hunting bullets.  So there's a good reason for it (keeps folks shooting) and it's not useless - just not as good as standard lead ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a few boxes to try out in my brand new DMPS AP4 upper.

Topped with a Primary Arms mini red dot, at 50 yards benched it groups 2.5 inches.  I fired a total of 30 rounds with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top