Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 4:43:12 PM EDT
Living in CT I need to have a pre 94 10/22 to have a pistol grip.  Can a normal 10/22 be modified to be a take down?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what you mean, but a regular 10/22 cannot be modified to be a takedown. The receiver and barrel are both radically different between the two models.

You can get pretty close to a pistol grip with the profile of some stocks, such as the Boyd's Pro Varmint and the Victor.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You can make it a takedown, either with APG's Takedown kit, a discontinued Ramline Backpacker stock, or mill a standard 10-22 receiver to take Ruger OEM takedown parts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's ironic as the plan was to use a AGP stock on it....  I didn't know they made the fix I was looking for.  How would you modify the standard 10/22 to take the take down parts out of curiosity.  I have 2 pre 94 10/22's but they were made waaaaaay before the take downs.

Edit: forgot to say thank you coyotesilencer.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You are incorrect sir.  Under CT's ban rimfire is treated under the previous ban with a two feature test.  That means magazine and one other feature.  Say a pistol grip.  Adding features beyond that would require a preban or registered assault weapon.  

I do like your idea.  I've looked at converting a preban 10/22 into a 96/22.  A preban takedown would be cool to.

Later

Quoted:
Living in CT I need to have a pre 94 10/22 to have a pistol grip.  Can a normal 10/22 be modified to be a take down?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
As I mentioned above, the pistol grip stock I am thinking is made by AGP and also a "folder"...   hence the need for a pre 94..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top