Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 10:56:42 AM EDT
Is this really a big issue with rimfires?  I'm setting up a CZ455 threaded and am debating between using a Prostaff I have or getting a dedicated rimfire scope?

What say ye?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought most scopes you can reset where the parallax zero is.  Call the maker and ask them how.  

You may not need to buy anything new.

ETA- If you're quite consistent with your eye location behind the scope you may not even need to bother.  I have old tasco 3-9x44's on some of my rimfires and never reset anything and get good accuracy.  If you have a poorly fitting stock where you have to hunt around for your eye location then you will likely see some issues.   One way to check is to bag your rifle on the bench on a target.  Move your eye around the rear of the scope without disturbing the rifle at all and see how much the cross hairs travel from the target center.  That's your parallax error potential. A bad position and you move your eye location out of your norm and you move your impact off target.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure enough, learned something new today.  

Found this

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4867983/1

and tried it on a cheap Bushnell.  Worked great.  Going to try the Nikon next.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Took about 1/2 of a full turn counter clockwise to get it right at 50.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Rimfire scopes usually have parallax set at 50 yards were as most Centerfire scopes are set at 100 yards unless they have adjustable objectives.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top