Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2014 11:39:41 AM EDT
What is the general consensus on these sights? Are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Best thing you can do to a 10/22 for the price IMO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
They are sweet.

I'm an iron sight guy.  Red dots and scopes are nice, but irons make you a better shot even with the other stuff IMO.

If AR style peep and posts are good for you, you'll love these.  They might seem a bit pricy.  That more than gets covered if you can use cheap .22's for practice.  (If that ever exists again!)
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. I put them on my '72 10/22 and love them. My buddy has a newer one and is trying to figure out how to get the front sight off after trying mine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Got them on one of my Takedowns. They're solid. Installed them, went out, started ringing 4inch steel targets at 50 yards without adjusting anything. This was shooting bulk pack ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I may buy some of the TSR100 for my 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I absolutely love my tech sights. I have both the 100 and 200 series. I use the in competition and shoot very well with them.

Check out Nodak Spud too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're a great idea

I own three sets and the front sights have been an absolute CRAP fit. I have big gaps of daylight between the sight and the dovetail. I don't know if the dovetail is the issue, but I cannot imagine Ruger having to hand fit each and every front sight on 10/22s.

I wish the Tech Sights front sight was machined to fit better.
View Quote

Bought mine last month and they fit just fine.  Only problem I had was Ruger installed my front sight so damned tight that no amount of pounding would make it budge.  I had to buy a sight pusher and that just barely had enough oomph to break it free.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I prefer Nodak sights.   The front isn't as fine, but they are much higher quality overall
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the best price you have seen them for? Do you need Loc-Tite for them?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're a great idea

I own three sets and the front sights have been an absolute CRAP fit. I have big gaps of daylight between the sight and the dovetail. I don't know if the dovetail is the issue, but I cannot imagine Ruger having to hand fit each and every front sight on 10/22s.

I wish the Tech Sights front sight was machined to fit better.
View Quote

Do you have the old aluminum front sight or the new steel one?  The aluminum one was crap.  The new one is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
well, probably the aluminum one.  Do you think they'll trade out?
View Quote

I bought mine just as they introduced the new steel version. They traded mine out when I complained.  The steel one is made to clamp into the front sight.  It's solid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This..
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope it is ok and not a hijack that I post this here because this happened to me and I haven't figured out what I am going to do about it
See the dovetail snapped off. I remember installing it thinking that the metal was kind of thin.
Now this happened taking it out of the truck; the gun was in a gun sock, slid in the sock, and hit the concrete nose first. My error, but it did snap off.  
(sorry if the pic is upside down, my photo skills are nonexistant)
I think the sites are great, very accurate until it broke off!
Edit - it is steel/attracts a magnet

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope it is ok and not a hijack that I post this here because this happened to me and I haven't figured out what I am going to do about it
See the dovetail snapped off. I remember installing it thinking that the metal was kind of thin.
Now this happened taking it out of the truck; the gun was in a gun sock, slid in the sock, and hit the concrete nose first. My error, but it did snap off.  
(sorry if the pic is upside down, my photo skills are nonexistant)
I think the sites are great, very accurate until it broke off!
Edit - it is steel/attracts a magnet

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=60403

View Quote

I'm not gonna blame that on anything but the concrete. While an AR FSB is very strong I'm not going to expect a hobby set of .22 rifle sights to take hits on concrete.

A new base is $12. No biggie.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That looks like one of the new design ones too.

View Quote

I doubt the stock sight would have faired better. This doesn't deter me at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#19]
$12 isn't too bad. I'll order the part, problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
ive got some on my takedown, they are awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top