Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2013 6:55:54 PM EDT

I have a Remington model 121 Fieldmaster .22 pump rifle that I inherited. My brother thinks he remembers dad shooting it but not exactly when.
I took it to the range a couple of weeks ago just to play, and it would not fire. It also seemed to not eject reliably when I cycled the live round to try the next. I was using the Federal bulk ammo that I shoot through my MkIIs, and the ammo did fire in them after so the ammo is good.

Can anyone tell me what I should check, or give me a link to some things to check?
I am not exactly sure how to take it apart either, so I would appreciate a link to a step by step guide to disassemble it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a 121

here is a video on field stripping one of them

As to why it doesn't fire and has issues ejecting that I'm not sure
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Also,I'd inspect the chamber closely.It might have crud built up ..or it might be dinged/burred on the edge.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]

When I rack the slide I can pull the hammer after and hear and feel the click when it releases the hammer.
Will it do that if the round isn't fully chambered and it isn't fully in battery?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top