Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2013 10:48:01 AM EDT
I picked-up this Interarms/Rossi Model 62 SA Pump today at a local pawn shop. I've got $150.00 in it.  No idea when it was made as Rossi's serial number look-up does not include the Interarms imports. Serial # G45XXXX for those who might know.

The internals are machined decent with parts numbered to the receiver. The only plastic on it is the buttplate. Feeds/ejects just fine. Of course it's a take-down.

It's in pretty darn good shape with a bit of spotting on the receiver. The only knocks on it is that it's in .22lr only and the wood does not match very well. From the pics I've seen of the 62 SA that's common with them.

Sigh....What can I say, I'm a sucker for .22 pumps.

Edit: Even though it says .22LR on the barrel it feeds shorts just fine.

Link Posted: 11/12/2013 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That was from a few years ago, before Taurus bought out Rossi. They were always pretty good rifles.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That was from a few years ago, before Taurus bought out Rossi. They were always pretty good rifles.
View Quote

Had to be before 1999 as that is when Interarms closed it's doors.

Link Posted: 11/12/2013 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet, Ive got a few Tauruses. Annoying that they wont feed shorts. I think they can be modded, but why would they not do that from the factory?
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sweet, Ive got a few Tauruses. Annoying that they wont feed shorts. I think they can be modded, but why would they not do that from the factory?
View Quote

Oh it feeds shorts just fine. It's just marked on the barrel .22 LR.  LOL....Maybe they got tired when they were stamping it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow buddy, another nice 22 from a pawn shop?  You are on a absolute fire this year for pawn shop finds.  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:08:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one of the older 16 or 18" Rossi pumps for the wife unit about 15 years ago. It has excellent fit and finish. The front sight was over 1/8" too short, so I built it up with a mig welder. I will post a pic when I can.

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Are the parts interchangeable w/ the old Winchesters?
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought one of the older 16 or 18" Rossi pumps for the wife unit about 15 years ago. It has excellent fit and finish. The front sight was over 1/8" too short, so I built it up with a mig welder. I will post a pic when I can.

http://i41.tinypic.com/minloz.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  Have you checked on what the I/R 62 SAC carbines are bringing these days? I saw one completed auction where one went for $400.00 not counting shipping/transfer.

Backbencher....I don't know if parts interchange or not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a friend that collects the Winchesters that these are replicated from.  The old Winchesters state S, L, or LR.  I heard that these were called Gallery Guns and were used at the carnivals years and years ago.  I shot one of his and had to have one.  I couldn't afford a Winchester and bought a new Taurus model 62 about 10 or 15 years ago and still have it.  It states LR only, but I couldn't find any difference looking at the Taurus when comparing it to the Winchester.  1srellic is right,  I have shot S, L, And LR with no problem, even when mixing ammo.  It is the only gun I have that will feed S.  I really like it and it is reliable and accurate.

The only .22 ammo I can find in my area is S.  Glad I have it.

Why does 1srellic find all the good deals?  Retired maybe, or just plain lucky?

Link Posted: 11/15/2013 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I sold my 62 SA to a co-worker a couple of months ago,for $300. It was in mint condition and was marked 22LR,Long,and Shorts.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of the 16" carbine ones that shoots .22lr only. It's a teeny tiny little gun but is fun to mess around with. Very well built although the stock did crack at the tang.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I picked-up this Interarms/Rossi Model 62 SA Pump today at a local pawn shop. I've got $150.00 in it.  No idea when it was made as Rossi's serial number look-up does not include the Interarms imports. Serial # G45XXXX for those who might know.

The internals are machined decent with parts numbered to the receiver. The only plastic on it is the buttplate. Feeds/ejects just fine. Of course it's a take-down.

It's in pretty darn good shape with a bit of spotting on the receiver. The only knocks on it is that it's in .22lr only and the wood does not match very well. From the pics I've seen of the 62 SA that's common with them.

Sigh....What can I say, I'm a sucker for .22 pumps.

Edit: Even though it says .22LR on the barrel it feeds shorts just fine.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2iuc9sp.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/ezo7dj.jpg
View Quote

I've got one just like it, only in nickel.

Does yours lock the action closed when it's cocked?  Mine does not.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it does. The action is unlocked only when the trigger is pulled to shoot or pressed so the hammer can be lowered by the thumb all the way. If you lower it all the way and then put it on half-cock the action remains locked.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes it does. The action is unlocked only when the trigger is pulled to shoot or pressed so the hammer can be lowered by the thumb all the way. If you lower it all the way and then put it on half-cock the action remains locked.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so, I've got a problem with mine.  Hopefully it's something simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top