Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 6:58:55 AM EDT
I bought my 10/22 around 1995. At some point I changed 3 parts or so that came cheaply off of ebay. Bolt buffer, something to lock the slide I think and a different magazine release. Could be more or less its been over 10 years. Im looking for what I need to update it. The bolt buffer prob needs to be replaced. Getting mags out is still a issue, I would like to replace charging handle also. Looking on suggestions on what I might need.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I added this "kit" to my 10/22.  It included the bolt release and an upgraded hammer.  The hammer upgrade greatly improved the trigger feel.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/145851/volquartsen-bolt-release-and-target-hammer-ruger-10-22-stainless-steel

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
a very inexpensive mag release, if you don't care about aesthetics...Allen headed cap screw, thread hole and a dab of Loctite...as commented, a replacement hammer is a good start to improve shootability... if you want to get into accuracy improvements, a cantilevered scope mount off the barrel would be my first recommendation...if that is not an option, some way to really attach a rail to the thin aluminum receiver....

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Kidd makes a pretty awesome charging handle among many many other parts
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You need  to visit RimFireCentral, http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/ any thing you might want to know about 10/22s you can find there.
An cool and easy upgrade to the charging handle is to take a 9mm or 38spl case fill with epoxy. Force it over the OEM charging handle. Let it set over night and you have a cool looking and functional handle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top