Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 6:23:55 AM EDT
As the title really.

I have a factory 10/22T with laminated stock. I'm finding that the barrel makes it too front heavy to do a lot of shooting from the standing position.

It's very reliable when fed minimags but not so when using target ammo. Get the odd failure to eject. I've stripped it down and polished the hammer face, bolt etc. Made it a lot smoother but still not amazing. I don't really fancy getting and Volquartsen parts for it just yet.

So I'm considering selling it and getting a .22 AR15 rifle in its place and a nice bolt action for serious smallbore competitions. .22 ARs in question are either a S&W M&P performance, Spikes, CMMG or a custom built one from a UK company. But most likely a CMMG.

Will I ever get as good accuracy from a .22 AR15 rifle compared to the 10/22? Would be nice to see some 25-50 yard groups you've shot.

Other option is to sell it, buy a cheap 10/22 and a handful of custom parts inc lightweight bull barrel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have target pictures, and built my .22lr AR in steps... with a BCM upper and CMMG dedicated .22lr barrel and CMMG conversion unit shoots 5/8" groups at 50y with MiniMag....I was using a Trijicon reflex sight with 6moa dot at the time I shot for groups, and will probably shoot better with good glass..... with just the conversion unit and the 5.56 barrel no better than probably 3 1/2" at 50y.....a local club shoots 3gun with the .22lr for the rifle so they can shoot on a pistol range...a lot of fun

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
An Ar upper with a Clint Beyer barrel free floated will do 1/2" @50 all day as long as you are doing your part. Nice and light too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top