Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2013 6:17:05 AM EDT
I ran across this opportunity on Rockethub.com for 10/22 80% receivers for cheap:

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/25415-80-ruger-10-22-ar15-billet-lower-receivers-support-the-2nd-ammendment

Even though it is a risk, I went ahead and funded for a couple - felt the price was low enough to risk it if they don't come through.  Has anyone else looked at these?  Has anyone completed a Razor 80% receiver which appears to be very similar (but much more)?  Just curious how hard it will be if these do actually come in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Razors I hope to finish soon.  Initial thoughts from delivery:

1) Picatinny rail: WTF?  It was radius cut I think a no rail model would have been nice for standard barrels to be used.
2) The receiver needs sanded and has tooling marks.
3) Jig is handy looking, and they have pictures online, but a diagram would have been useful.

I hope your project turns out well. A 10/22 is a basic receiver, and I think it will be a great project.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in for one, not sure if they are gonna make their funding target with only 5 days left.

Dont know what happens if they miss. Anybody?

Link Posted: 5/25/2013 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I went in for two of them.  Looks like the risk is 12%, so I figure it's worth a $6 gamble.

I'm crossing my fingers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
am i reading that right? $30 for an 80% AR15 lower? that sounds ridiculously cheap
i don't see any specifics about the magwell or what are the remaining 20% of operations to be completed
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they might make their goal with a little bump.

currently at 75% funding with 32 hours to go.

Link Posted: 5/27/2013 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in for one, not sure if they are gonna make their funding target with only 5 days left.

Dont know what happens if they miss. Anybody?

According to the Rockethub CEO, they get whatever money there is after Rockethub gets their cut.  As far as whether or not the project leader follows through with the project or not that is up to him.  It's a gamble,  and there isn't any way to get your money back once the project closes. I got involved in the 80% receiver projects with a couple of projects and eventually backed out due to questions the project leaders couldn't answer.  It is a gamble and if you get anything out of it, consider yourself lucky. Like another poster said in another thread, invest what you are willing to risk, and don't complain if you don't get anything.

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Now 88% - 14 hours left. Looking good and tight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, a few hours to go and they've made their full funding goal.  Now it will be interesting to see if they deliver.  If they do, it will be a great deal.  If they don't, there will be a lot of unhappy people looking for them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Any news on this yet?
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]
They are hoping to have them shipped out by the end of this month.  They started with the AR receivers and now have finalized and tested the prototype.  This is all according to facebook, which they have kept updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top