Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2013 9:25:03 AM EDT
Even some of their own employees were laughing.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Of all the cheatin things!
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
So, quite a bit cheaper then the usual $60-$100 they are going for on the web, I fail to see the issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, quite a bit cheaper then the usual $60-$100 they are going for on the web, I fail to see the issue.

The issue being taken out of of bulk packs, repackaged in zip lock bags and telling people you can only have 1 at a time per customer per day. A worker said they did it because it sells faster than the $50 Bulk packs. By the way they were a few short of 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue being taken out of of bulk packs, repackaged in zip lock bags and telling people you can only have 1 at a time per customer per day. A worker said they did it because it sells faster than the $50 Bulk packs. By the way they were a few short of 200 rounds.

If they've intentionally shorted the number of round from what's advertised, then that's criminal in my opinion and should be reported.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Free enterprise at work.

Oh, but Remington Gold ?  What an insult!
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they've intentionally shorted the number of round from what's advertised, then that's criminal in my opinion and should be reported.

Yes.  The state attorney general should know.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Have a shop here in kansas doing that with reloading powder. Buying it in 8lb kegs and selling it by the lb in ziplock bags.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I would have left that store as fast as my feet could take me
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
If I am paying for 200 rounds. I want exactly 200 not less.

I am torn on this issue if the store gets five buckets and divvies it up this way lots of folks get some ammo. Verses only five people getting buckets
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am torn on this issue if the store gets five buckets and divvies it up this way lots of folks get some ammo. Verses only five people getting buckets

You do realize the Winchester value packs are known to be off by a round or three [plus or minus] reasonably often....................
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize the Winchester value packs are known to be off by a round or three [plus or minus] reasonably often....................

Yes that is true they are counted or weighed with speed in mind. However if you look at the op's pic they are Remmy GB and  the shop  separated them and sold it as a pack of 200.  I fully expect tp get what I paid for in that instance.
Oh and op stated that he was shorted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have a shop here in kansas doing that with reloading powder. Buying it in 8lb kegs and selling it by the lb in ziplock bags.

That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.  Golden bullets suck, but hey, it gives them more units to move.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit about the bullets.
I have way too many, and don't shoot my 22's enough to care.
The powder thing pisses me off.
I hope they at least include a lot # with it.
Again however, I was prepared after the "retards'" first election.
I won't need to buy anything for a while.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I would think that the powder thing would be illegal, not being in a container that is approved for it.

It is also very dangerous since once out of the bottle , it is not always easy to identify by people, employees, not familiar with each powder. It is easily mixed up as well, and could be packaged wrong, and the buyer, if a new reloader, could use data for one powder and wind up destroying their gun, or their lives.

I don't have a problem with breaking down the bullets and selling them. I've thought of doing it myself, but in 100rd packages. Winchester bulk, 100 rounds, for $10. They'd sell like hotcakes. I don't care if someone charges $1000 for 100 of them, it's a free market, and the market will dictate whether they sell or not, and if not, then the price will have to be lowered. As far as limiting the number sold to each person, that is a reflection that they are asking a reasonable price and are having to limit the sales in order to keep merchandise. That limit would be lifted were it not.

Personally, I would make a phone call about the powder, you may save some unsuspecting noob reloader from a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it's a liability for both powder and loaded ammo. No way to track lot numbers or powder type like mentioned above.
They are setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit especially with the powder.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Bad thing is, my old man bought two pounds of it. Guy was selling it for $22/lb and was going to the back room then coming back with the ziploc bag. I told my dad that he was gonna find someone else to load that shit for him because I wasnt gonna risk loading something that I cant verify what it is. For all I know he could be putting fuckin pistol powder in the bag and selling it for rifle powder.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I would have dumped it out on the counter and made the manager count them out to make sure there were 200 rds in it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't tell me this is another symptom of Obama's "New Normal"?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Not as bad as Cabelas charging $9 per 100 for CCI 22LR
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#22]
A few years ago I bought about 6 bulk boxes of the Golden Bullets from Wal-Mart for about $15.00 a box.  None of my semi's would feed, and my bolts patterned like a shotgun.  Now I know what I will do!!!!

Hell, One Shot here in Cincinnati is selling the bulk box Blazers for $40.  All the shops are price gouging - they will be remembered when this is over.

So.... Anyone looking to buy some over priced shitty .22lr?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A few years ago I bought about 6 bulk boxes of the Golden Bullets from Wal-Mart for about $15.00 a box.  None of my semi's would feed, and my bolts patterned like a shotgun.  Now I know what I will do!!!!

Hell, One Shot here in Cincinnati is selling the bulk box Blazers for $40.  All the shops are price gouging - they will be remembered when this is over.

So.... Anyone looking to buy some over priced shitty .22lr?  

If you're talking about the 525 blazers, those are selling and trading on the secondary market for almost $100 bill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top