Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 7:06:27 AM EDT
Never been a big 22lr fan but now that the kids are looking to start shooting I picked up a couple of Walther P22 pistols for them to learn on.  Obviously, the cost of ammo makes it a better choice.  Similarly I really didn't care for the basic 10/22, that is until I saw the new Take Down version. What a great little rifle.  I had a Remington Viper 522 which never left the safe and with 10rd mags costing $50 each I pulled it and sold it for $120.  That money was rolled into the new 10/22 TD.  And as usual, I'm never content with leaving anything factory stock.  I have replaced the goofy bolt release already.  I can't believe Ruger thinks the bolt hold open is a good design.  What a hassle.  But anyway, the first mod I did was to tone down the SS.  Setup a small refinishing system (blast cabinet, spray booth, etc.) at home and using Cerakote air dry coating, I changed it to Patriot brown.  I thought I would share a few pics of the finished product.  The bolt is Graphite black after these pictures were taken.  Next will be the AGP folding stock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top