Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2012 7:25:16 AM EDT

I tried to get the pics of the break-open action, but they will not load on the Savage website. Specs say 6.1 lbs, and 20" bbl length. MSRP $480.

Barrel sure looks short for the advertised length. I can see cutting the top .22 barrel to 16.5, moving the band/sight back, and  thread to use a small OD suppressor like a Outback.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one of these little guns and your right, they do feel and handle like the barrels are shorter than 20"
Nice guns for use on farm and woods
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
A local Savage O/U collector bought one and had it shipped to my LGS. When I asked him about it later (I had a mild intrest in one) he told me the barrels are very poorly regulated due to the front barrel block and it could not be easily adjusted. He is thinking about milling him a adjustable block for it.

He told me he was expecting that because once Savage went away from soldering the barrels together regulation went to shit though some early front blocks were able to be adjusted.

Not knowing any better I asked if a paracord wrap would help stiffen things a bit as long as it was left on and he told me that was the last thing you would want to do with it as it would make matters much worse.

Normally I sorta give second-hand info one of these ( ) but this guy really knows his stuff as it concerns Savage O/Us and does not let collecting get in the way of shooting what he buys. He really wrings them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top