Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 10:02:33 AM EDT
I don't think there are too many of these on this side of the pond.

I bought this 552 Speedmaster at my LGS. I gave $150.00 for it because it was Brit proofed and already threaded/recess crowned.

The barrel is threaded 1/2 X 20 tpi which is what the Brits used for their suppressors. I have a adaptor for it if I want to "can" it.

Born on code is DS (10/69).

Birmingham proof date code (V) for 1970. Brit Nitro Proof on barrel and receiver.

Nice piece of walnut on it, barrel is fine, and it feeds shorts and LR OK. Lots of wear on the alum receiver but that is not much of a much to me. LOL...It ain't like it will rust.

I put a Bushnell 3X8 Scopecheif .22 scope I bought last week at the flea market for $10.00 on it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty neat.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good find!
I have that 552's American cousin that i bought new in 1971 or so.
I don't think you can wear one of them out and mine shoots just about anything I feed it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an early 90's 552, great gun.  PITA to break down to clean, sort of like a puzzle

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top