Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2012 3:36:33 PM EDT
My 9 y/o daughter is asking for a .22 rifle for Christmas (warm my heart!). I know there are some pink colored youth .22s I have seen around, but I would rather buy her a good quality .22 bolt action starter. She has shoot my CZ .22 with me, but the length of pull is definetly too long for her. So I know I need a youth model.

Girly colors are a bonus, but, by no means required.  What do you guys recommend/have experience with?

Thanks
KingOfTheBumps

Eta: My younger daughter (7) will also learn on this rifle too, so youth model is definetly required.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ Scout

My 8 year old daughter has one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Savage Cub. My daughter has one. It is very accurate, and it even comes with the Accutrigger. I have a red dot on it, and at 50 yds off the bench, she can knock down pop bottles all day long with it.

This Christmas, she has talked me into building her a 22 AR. I'm waiting for Magpul to release the pink Moe furniture now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
CZ Scout

CZ scout, Probably the finest quality in it's price range that I can think of.  
Marlin 25Y or what ever they call it now, or the savage equivalent.  

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

CZ Scout

My oldest girl has one.

Just need to get one for the youngest girl.

Here's the pic.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#6]
You can't go wrong with a Scout, comes with a single shot adapter.  Buy a few 5 or 10 rounders and your GTG. Old world craftmenship & deadly accurate. Actually a fun size for an adult too.
Quoted:
CZ Scout

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a little daughter, but she is years from shooting. I was wondering what everyone thinks of going straight to a 10/22 compact or youth? That's what I am leaning towards.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
pink 15-22?
or build a cheap ar with polymer upper and lower?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Gig, can you tell me more about this .22 AR? I will probably start her on a about action, but I am curious about which .22 AR upper is gtg.

Thanks
KingOfTheBumps
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CZ Scout

I think this one is in definite contention for me.  I already have a CZ 452 Style .22, and I love it.  I am going to shop for it this weekend, so we will see what I pick up.  I will post it up once I get it.

Any of you guys use a bipod to teach your daughters how to shoot?  Bench rest? Or just have them hold it?  I did bench rest with bags on our first outing, and had her busting clays at .25 & .50yds.  I think that is optimal distance, I want to make it fun for my daughter.  

I am so friggin' excited to buy her a gun for Christmas!  I never thought after having two daughters that they would ant anything beyond Barbies and American Girl Dolls!

KingOfTheBumps

ETA:  Any youth models with threaded barrels?  I am going to order my first silencer this week!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.bbcoutdoors.com/467-811-thickbox/savage-cub-pink.jpg

Savage Cub. My daughter has one. It is very accurate, and it even comes with the Accutrigger. I have a red dot on it, and at 50 yds off the bench, she can knock down pop bottles all day long with it.

This Christmas, she has talked me into building her a 22 AR. I'm waiting for Magpul to release the pink Moe furniture now.

This is my back up to the CZ, I think.  Anyone, have thoughts to any .22 youth rifles I should avoid?

KingOfTheBumps
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]

5 pounds without the scope and 5.56 BCG (fits in the stock).
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#13]
The make the Cricket single shots in pink.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#14]
My son had a Cricket when he was like 8 . It fit him well and he liked it . There maybe beteer rifles out there but this one was nice and compact and worked great for us . he's 17 now ( how time flies ) and he says he's gonna keep it for his kids .      ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top