Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2012 6:49:28 PM EDT
After a number of changes, it is done. The only thing I kinda don't like is the Kidd recoil assembly isn't captive, so it can be interesting R&R the bolt. I am sure I will get better. It is so smooth compared to OEM I am willing to deal with it either way.

It has a Ruger receiver that is stock, but not much else was left untouched. The OEM bolt was sent to "Que" on rimfirecentral to have the headspace set, firing pin pinned, rear radius opened up and the whole thing lightly polished. The trigger group is a Kidd singe stage at 1.5# with extended mag release, and the stainless handle recoil assembly is Kidd. The barrel is Primary Weapon Systems T3, and the sights are Nodak Spud. The stock is a birch Ruger sporter stock opened up for the .920" barrel and bedded to the receiver with a pressure pad under the rear of the barrel. Finally the sling is from Levy Leathers.

The action is super smooth, and accuracy is amazing. It is very easy to shoot offhand. Even with the standard weight recoil spring (middle of the 3 it came with) subsonic will cycle it w/o the can, but weakly. With the can it is perfect with subsonic, and w/o with cheap bulk. Exactly as I had hoped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great! I'm putting together one with that barrel and those sights as well, but in a houge stock. Probably can't afford the kidd trigger just yet though..
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like that barrel? It's on my "wish list". I'm liking the looks of your rifle too
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I am very happy with the barrel. It is light yet accurate, and if you need the threads is a great bargain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top